SeeYou for iPad and iPhone

Old January 22nd 13, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default SeeYou for iPad and iPhone

I made a basic computer error - did not restart the program after changing the settings. All is well on the iPhone with zoom-in, now.

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:45:27 AM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:
I should add that the blue background on zoom-in occurs only on my iPhone 4. On my iPad II (non-retina display) there is no problem - you can zoom in to the maximum magnification of the maps.

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:08:47 AM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:

I see the same behavior on my iPhone 4. When I zoom in so the screen is about 5 miles square, it becomes all blue. Zooming out restores maps on the side, but not in the old zoomed in region. If you slide the blue region off the screen (at the same magnification), the maps appear when you slide it back on. Behavior is the same if you select WiFi or Dataplan in the settings.

-John, Q3

On Monday, January 21, 2013 8:52:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:

If I zoom out the map is there but when I zoom in the flight area us just a blue background. If I scroll over a few miles outside of the flight area the map is appearing. It is as if it is being over written.

Old January 22nd 13, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Can we view the flights with satellite maps?
Can we load my tasks from my computer onto my phone?

Boggs
Old January 22nd 13, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Interesting. It's not required to restart anything on iOS after changing the settings. But good to know it works, thanks. If anything else comes up please feel free to write to support at naviter.com - it's the easiest (and fastest) way to get supported.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old January 22nd 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Not yet for both. But both is planned of course.

You can already load your waypoints though. Upload tem to SeeYou Cloud through the PC. On your iPhone/iPad go to Menu Open from SeeYou Cloud All Waypoints select your waypoint file. You can control which waypoints are visible through Menu Display Waypoints.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old January 22nd 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Andrej,

I tried to start a new thread in the Naviter Support Forum under "SeeYou for iPad and iPhone", but even though I'm signed in I get a message that says "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server."

Here's what I was trying to post:

I set the UTC offset to UTC-4 in Custom Units/UTC Offset. But the times shown in Statistics (and on the top of the map) are still in UTC values, not my local time. I tried restarting SeeYou, but I still get the same behavior. Is UTC Offset supposed to be working?

Thanks.

-John, Q3
Old January 23rd 13, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:45:22 PM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:
Andrej,

I tried to start a new thread in the Naviter Support Forum under "SeeYou for iPad and iPhone", but even though I'm signed in I get a message that says "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server."

Here's what I was trying to post:

I set the UTC offset to UTC-4 in Custom Units/UTC Offset. But the times shown in Statistics (and on the top of the map) are still in UTC values, not my local time. I tried restarting SeeYou, but I still get the same behavior. Is UTC Offset supposed to be working?

Thanks.

-John, Q3

I've been getting the same message after trying to post for the last several days.
Old January 23rd 13, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

I've also been getting the same message. HTTP error 403, no permission
to access page.

Definitely a problem with the SeeYou Forum software.

Bob

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:42:53 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:45:22 PM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:
Andrej,
I tried to start a new thread in the Naviter Support Forum under "SeeYou for iPad and iPhone",
but even though I'm signed in I get a message that says "Forbidden - You don't have permission to
access /newthread.php on this server."
... text deleted

Old January 23rd 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Any plans to add optimization and support for local files? Currently I can not view my flight stored on my device until I upload it to SeeYou cloud first, and I can not tell the distance until I upload it to OLC. It will be most useful for instant post flight analysis on your iOS/Android device if it had those capabilities.

Ramy
Old January 23rd 13, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Pretty cool! Well done!

Now, when will we see an Android and iOS of SeeYou mobile!!!!!!

Old January 24th 13, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Forum is back up and running at another ISP...
http://forum.naviter.com

Will appreciate your comments there.

Thanks,
Andrej Kolar