SeeYou for Android!

Old November 9th 12, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Default SeeYou for Android!

We are excited beyond words:
http://www.naviter.com/2012/11/seeyou-for-android/

SeeYou for Android Phones and Tablets is here!

It comes hand in hand with SeeYou 5 which enables you to upload your flights comfortably to the SeeYou Cloud.

There's too much news to cover it all here. Please visit the totally renovated www.Naviter.com - Phones welcome!

If you happen to be in Utrecht, Holland or Beauchevain, Belgium this weekend please stop by. We'll demo it for you in person

Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com
Old November 9th 12, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Nov 8, 7:12*pm, Naviter Info wrote:
We are excited beyond words:http://www.naviter.com/2012/11/seeyou-for-android/

SeeYou for Android Phones and Tablets is here!

It comes hand in hand with SeeYou 5 which enables you to upload your flights comfortably to the SeeYou Cloud.

There's too much news to cover it all here. Please visit the totally renovatedwww.Naviter.com- Phones welcome!

If you happen to be in Utrecht, Holland or Beauchevain, Belgium this weekend please stop by. We'll demo it for you in person

Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots usehttp://www.Naviter.com

Great news for all Dell Streak users...
Old November 9th 12, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Perhaps we're waiting for OLC to allow the Submit button to appear in the Optimization panel, as shown in the "Features and Screenshots".
Jim

By pressing the Submit button in the Optimization panel you can submit your flights to the Online Contest with a single click.
Old November 9th 12, 10:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

By pressing the Submit button in the Optimization panel you can submit your flights to the Online Contest with a single click.

how does that work? is the OLC finally opening up to an open interface for external applications?
Old November 9th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:12:08 PM UTC-7, Naviter Info wrote:
We are excited beyond words:

http://www.naviter.com/2012/11/seeyou-for-android/

SeeYou for Android Phones and Tablets is here!

It comes hand in hand with SeeYou 5 which enables you to upload your flights comfortably to the SeeYou Cloud.

There's too much news to cover it all here. Please visit the totally renovated www.Naviter.com - Phones welcome!

If you happen to be in Utrecht, Holland or Beauchevain, Belgium this weekend please stop by. We'll demo it for you in person

Andrej Kolar

--

glider pilots use

http://www.Naviter.com

Can we expect to see See You Mobile for android some time in the future. Has anyone tried a tablet such as the Samsung Galaxy in the cockpit?
Old November 9th 12, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I ran XCSoar on a Samsung Galaxy for about 6 months. It was very good
except when the sun shined directly on it. Then I had to shade it with my
hand or just wait until I was headed in a different direction.

Old November 9th 12, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

That's an old screenshot. We should update it.

Or even better - convince OLC to enable it again

Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old November 9th 12, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Getting SeeYou Mobile to run on Android is popular demand, especially these days. But please do consider Dan's comment below about the visibilty. I would also add that I would think twice before I would mount my main smartphone into the cockpit. The second most repaired item on Oudie is the USB plug because people bump into the plug with their knees all the time. It's not a big deal on Oudie. It's relatively strong, easily replaceable and not very critical (charging would normally still work). I wouldn't want to break it on my phone..

Long story short. It looks like we will have to do SeeYou Mobile for Android even if there really isn't a device which we could recommend whole heartedly.

Many may disagree, but there is nothing that beats the good old Windows CE based Oudie 2 in the sunny glider cockpit today. It's exactly the right size, perfectly bright enough, all neccessary cables are packed right into the package and it comes preloaded with software which is useful for beginners and world champions alike. You can literally turn it on and fly.

Sincerely,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old November 9th 12, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Nov 9, 5:46*pm, Naviter Info wrote:
[...]

Oudie 2 is not as visible as Dell Streak 5 with good anti glare. Also
Oudie 2 is very power hungry. I see plenty of Android devices in
cockpits running XCSoar.
Old November 10th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure yet to see a Dell Streak in the sun yet. Would love to compare. If it is only the same as Oudie 2 then it is already great.

I don't know what is "a lot" of energy. Oudie 2 (the latest production run) is consuming between 170 and 220 mA at 12V or 2-2.5W if you like. Which is not exactly a lot imho. It's certainly not a problem.

Let's please not make it a flame war. Android has its problems and its advantages, Oudie 2 likewise. Pilots have a choice and that's a good thing.

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

On Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:41:32 AM UTC+1, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
[...]

SeeYou Recoder - an Android app for glider pilots [email protected] Soaring 7 July 11th 12 07:16 PM
Android XC Soar Paul Besing Soaring 3 May 3rd 11 09:39 PM
Possible Android Tablet? jsbrake[_2_] Soaring 5 February 5th 11 07:57 PM
Android App Mike[_36_] Soaring 8 July 14th 10 10:53 AM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM