Oxygen bottle for ASW 27 and ASG 29

Old April 13th 16, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oxygen bottle for ASW 27 and ASG 29

Does anyone have a spare steel (D) O2 bottle they would sell? It needs to be 108mm (4.25") or less in diameter. John Murray found us one but we need two more. They vary considerably in diameter and the Mfg. is not interested in sorting out a few smaller ones for our use.
Thanks.
Dale Bush
Old April 14th 16, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

A steel Aerox D with CGA540 is what you want. I keep one in the glider and another clamped into the trailer.
Currently listed as a closeout item on Wings And Wheels.
Then look on the ASW27 newsgroup for my mods to get the seat to go all the way back with the O2 cylinder in place.
Jim

http://wingsandwheels.com/used-close...540-valve.html
Old April 14th 16, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

I have one like that, and i just bought a new bottle. i was wondering what to do with the old one. let me know if you are interested. it's a fairly long bottle, so it has alot of capacity.

Old April 14th 16, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

20" total length works with the seatback in
the mid position without having to cut into
the seatback.

John Murray supplied this one shortly
before he got a batch of fat bottles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s1q5if2387
up6j/2016-04-14%2009.51.33.jpg?dl=0

Old April 14th 16, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks everyone. George are you saying that you have one for sale? I have located one and now we need one for Ray Gimmey, and possibly Luke Ashcraft.
Old April 14th 16, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

To get my bottle, you'd have to deal with
my estate for my glider, hopefully many
decades down the road.

Old April 14th 16, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

i have one. you pay shipping and it goes to you at a very reasonable price. only drawback, you'll want a regulator with a gauge, since the bottle doesnt have one.

Old April 14th 16, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

ND could you share your phone number to and I will forward it to Ray Gimmey.
Thanks
Dale
Old April 18th 16, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Same here. I have so far received 3 new bottles from two highly regarded suppliers and not a single one to fit my 29 (SN#4). I was looking for a bottle that would fit a mountain high regulator (us threads)

I currently use (necessity) a tiny Mountain high bottle suitable for only a single day. Works great actually as I can recline my seat fully with no restrictions from the regulator which sticks out a long way towards the seat and restricts it (I am only 6"0).

Silly design really for 02 bottle storage. Silly may not be a strong enough word...

Any help or suitable bottle for sale would be greatly appreciated.

"7T #2 for a proper O2 bottle for a 27, early model 29!"

Sean

Oxygen Bottle Roger Fowler[_2_] Soaring 2 November 19th 11 09:17 PM
WTB: Oxygen bottle Jason Kramb Soaring 5 February 2nd 11 03:33 AM
oxygen bottle No Name Piloting 2 May 23rd 07 07:09 AM
Using European Oxygen Bottle in DG-1000? Where to buy? Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 3 September 20th 05 03:14 PM
DG-400 Oxygen Bottle Problems [email protected] Soaring 23 September 8th 05 10:43 PM