Cambridge Aero Explorer Source Code Available.

Old May 18th 04, 11:51 AM
Guy Byars

Default Cambridge Aero Explorer Source Code Available.

I have put the source code for the Cambridge Aero Explorer on my source code
download page so those who are interested can download and play with it. It
is now an opensource project. The opensource name is simply "Aero Explorer"
as Cambridge is no longer involved with the project.

http://www.betsybyars.com/guy/winscore/sourcecode.html

Guy Byars

Old May 19th 04, 08:35 AM
Ernie

Is Cambridge still around ? Does anybody know about the status with the
302 problem with validating IGC files and invalid reported broken
security seals ?

Ernie

Old May 19th 04, 02:56 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

Cambridge is doing very well. I've sold many, many of the their instruments
this year and have found the products and technical support to be excellent.

I'm not aware of a problem with 302 flight logs. Please clarify. Are you
sure you're not confusing the issues with GPS-NAV IGC files. Apparently,
the IGC files generated from the secure .CAI files can't be used for the
Online Contest, but I think there are utilities to address that issue
available from the OLC web site.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

news7Eqc.21607$0e6.17887@clgrps13...

Old May 19th 04, 05:35 PM
Marc Ramsey

Ernie wrote:

Is Cambridge still around ?

Yes.

Does anybody know about the status with the 302 problem
with validating IGC files and invalid reported broken
security seals ?

There is one 302 that I am aware of which has been shown to have this
problem, and it is currently being looked at by Cambridge. I have seen
no evidence that there are any other 302s that generate invalid IGC
files (and I own one myself). If you know of one, please contact me
directly via email.

Marc Ramsey,
IGC GNSS Flight Recorder Approval Committee
Old May 19th 04, 06:08 PM
John Galloway

The 302 in a glider I recently sold out of twice spontaneously
developed a 'seal bad' status and had to be sent to
the agent. The first time the seal was reset but the
second time I believe that some new hardware was required.
I don't have the full details as that was after I
was involved. Is this the problem you are referring
to?

John Galloway

Old May 19th 04, 06:58 PM
Roy Bourgeois

I had the same "bad seal" problem in my 302 purchased a couple of years =
ago. I was told it was a hardware or "bad part" problem. It did =
finally get fixed.

Roy B.

Old May 19th 04, 07:09 PM
Marc Ramsey

"John Galloway" wrote:
The 302 in a glider I recently sold out of twice spontaneously
developed a 'seal bad' status and had to be sent to
the agent. The first time the seal was reset but the
second time I believe that some new hardware was required.
I don't have the full details as that was after I
was involved. Is this the problem you are referring
to?

No, there is problem with one (known) 302 that indicates it has a good seal,
but nonetheless generates IGC files which will not pass validation.

Marc

Old May 19th 04, 07:34 PM
Andy Durbin

Ernie wrote in message news:p7Eqc.21607$0e6.17887@clgrps13...
Is Cambridge still around ? Does anybody know about the status with the
302 problem with validating IGC files and invalid reported broken
security seals ?

Ernie

My 302 reported bad security in the logs and also when the log was
downloaded using the 302 utility. The 302 itself report good seal.

I discussed this with Cambridge probably close to 2 years ago. I was
advised that the 302 needed to be returned to be resealed and that a
software fix had been identified.

My logs were accepted at contests and I was not attemting any records
so I delayed sending the 302 back until last winter. The problem is
now fixed.

If you need more info send me an email and I'll dig out my email with
Cambridge. The solution is simple though - Send it back and they'll
fix it under warranty.

Surprised that a Cambridge agent is not aware of the issue as all
agents should be able to reseal the 302 and fix the problem.

Andy
Old May 20th 04, 06:20 AM
Chris Ashburn

Make that two ...

Mine had exactly the same symptoms, reports 'good seal' on the
302 status screen, then downloaded a file that wasn't good
checked with the downloader software or SeeYou etc ....

One fix at the factory and it was OK.
One more and it's stayed good for a year now.

Good service, no charges (except for express shipping at
my request)

Chris

Old May 20th 04, 08:58 AM
Ernie

Paul, Cambridge is doing very well ? Well, and tomorrow morning we meet
fo brunch at 10am on Mars, right ?
I can tell a 302 from a GPSNAV 20. Being the unlucky owner of a 302 for
a full year. Compared to LNAV's (yep, I've been a big Cambridge fan
until the late LNAV's) the 302 sucks. And along have been many SW
problems. That instrumnet is still not finished. Cambridge is well aware
of the problem of invalid reported broken seals. Not going into
functions of the 302 here....

Ernie