Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

Old July 3rd 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Robert Kolker

Default Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

Jarg wrote:

"Matt Giwer" wrote in message

Treaties are in fact the legal instruments that matter and they are
recognized by the tribes which signed them.

Do you really want to use treaties as the only basis for sovereignty?
Because I would be willing to bet a significant portion of the planet it
inhabited by people who took the land from other people without the benefit
of any treaty.

Besides which, most of the "treaties" between the U.S. and the
aboriginal nations were imposed at gun point. It is unclear whether the
signitories from the nations even spoke for their people. At times, U.S.
officials would go "chief shopping" to find a compliant elder to sign
away the ancestral land. What it was, was land theft simpliciter.

Bob Kolker

Old July 3rd 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media

Robert Kolker wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:

Jews knew that would be the case when they chose to take over
Palestine. Why all the whining?

I don't see whining. I see winning.

You don't see Zionist whining? That's all they do. Holocaust
Holocaust HOLOCAUST!!!!! They don't give a **** about anyone
else, the constantly whining bigots. Millions of non-Jews died in
the "Holocaust." Now all they do is whine about "terrorists" when
they themselves are the biggest terrorists on Earth. You are obviously
an Israel apologist, therefore hopeless as an intelligent and decent
human being.

It is the Palestineans and their
sympathizers who whine and blubber About The Injustice of It All.
Isreali IDF are not whining, they are dealing with their enemies.

LOL, what a stupid **** you are. Zionists control your country ****.
I don't know if you're a Zionist yourself or one of the ocean of
brainwashed dumb ****s who watch WAY too much TV, either way,
you don't flatter yourself by opening your yap.

Whining is useless and irrelevent. The matter is in the Hands of God. We
shall see what His Justice decrees. Be patient. Then end will be sooner
or later. Whoever wins, is clearly God's favorite or darling.

Okay, by this criteria, Zionists lose. They very much appear to have
been cursed by God for a very long time. Any more brilliance from
you?

-----
Kill ratio of Palestinian children to Israeli children 5.7-to-1,
Israel's favor.
Kill ratio of all Palestinians to Israelis: over 3-to-1.

---------
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/print/mear01_.html
----------
"Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We,
the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
---Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 2001

--
Cliff

Old July 3rd 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Jordan

wrote:
It was *sarcasm*, Jordan!

I knew that. I just found it amusing to recall Lyn's responses.

- Jordan

Old July 4th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Johnny Bravo

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:31:41 -0500, Robert Kolker wrote:

Johnny Bravo wrote:

You've got to be all kinds of stupid to be throwing rocks at people armed with
guns. You've got to be just as stupid, if not more so, to allow your kid to be
running around throwing rocks at people with guns.

Or falling in with fanatics who convince your kid he will go to heaven
and get ****ed by 72 virgins if he blows himself and his victims to
kingdom come.

I just don't see what's so attractive about 72 virgins in the first place,
that would be way too much work on my part. I'd rather have just 2 experienced
and enthusiastic bed partners.
Old July 4th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Johnny Bravo

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:33:30 -0500, Robert Kolker wrote:

I would challenge you to devise a scenario for a nation that contains
an aresenal of viable tacitical nuclear missles to be destroyed.
Especially one that has can deploy these missles in subs or in secure
silos.

There is no such things as a "secure" silo. Modern military maxim: What can
be seen can be destroyed. This is just as true about nuclear war as any other
type of modern combat.

No viable system has ever been deployed to stop an inbound
nuclear missle with 100% accuracy and no stratedgy could made could
hope to take out all of an exisisting nuclear power's missles, silos,
and submarine based weapons.

Depends on how many they have. And "destroyed" doesn't mean that all the
opposing nukes are neutralized. A US first strike on say, North Korea, could
put 90% of the entire nation under 10 psi overpressure.

For all intents and purposes, North Korea would be destroyed, even if a few
thousand people managed to survive the attack they would hardly be a "nation"
anymore. The fact that they could potentially fire a few nukes back at us
hardly negates the fact that the nation of North Korea would only exist as a
memory.
Old July 4th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Tankfixer

In article , jull43
@tampabay.REMover.rr.com mumbled
Palestinians, without any treaties, have been trying to get their property
back non-stop since 1948.

Maybe they shouldn't have run away when thier Syrian and Egyptian
brothers attacked Isreal ?
Old July 4th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Tankfixer

In article , jull43
@tampabay.REMover.rr.com mumbled

You keep calling them terrorists when they have every right to kill Israelis
and destoy military assets. They have a lawful resistance movement.

The irony is the Palastinians would just as soon slit Mr Giwer's throat
given half a chance..
Old July 4th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Robert Kolker wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
Jews knew that would be the case when they chose to take over
Palestine. Why all the whining?

I don't see whining.

You hear whining, you read whining. You don't see whining. You read about the
enemies on all sides when they chose to live with enemies on all sides. You read
whining about being attacked by suicide bombers when they deliberately chose to
attacked by suicide bombers.

I see winning. It is the Palestineans and their
sympathizers who whine and blubber About The Injustice of It All.

They are the innocent party. Zionists are now and forever the guilty party.
That is a fact.

Isreali IDF are not whining, they are dealing with their enemies.

Enemies they deliberately chose to have.

Whining is useless and irrelevent. The matter is in the Hands of God.

Now you claim to be a believer.

We
shall see what His Justice decrees. Be patient. Then end will be sooner
or later. Whoever wins, is clearly God's favorite or darling.

It has gotten worse for Zionists every year from the beginning. God has a trend
in motion.

--
Bush is so stupid he insists we will have victory in Iraq but the idiot has
no idea what victory means else he would have said what it is.
Old July 4th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Jarg wrote:
"Matt Giwer" wrote in message
Jarg wrote:
"Robert Kolker" wrote in message
om...
Matt Giwer wrote:
Does a nation of war criminals have a right to survive?
If they have the might. The U.S. became a great nation by practicing
genocide on the aboriginal nations. That is how The West Was Won. Dead
Injuns.
I think the Israelis should give it all back the day after the U.S.
returns the Great Plains to the descendants of the Indians whom our
predecessors killed to get the land. When do you think that will happen?
Good point. Pretty much every country that exists today was created at
someone elses expense, often displacing groups that had previously
displaced other groups, and on and on...

In addition to my response to him please tell me how this is a good
response? Even if the US had no treaties with the Indians how does the
comparison to Wounded Knee make Israel look good? These days we cheer for
the Indians at Little Big Horn. Why do you think he invites cheering the
Palestinians because they are being treated like the Indians?

Maybe you cheer for the Indians, I just see the inevitable results of a
conflict between people's of vastly different resources and technology.

Israel's existence is a fact which will not change no matter how much the
Palestinians wish otherwise. The sooner they stop their deluded dreaming,
the sooner the situation can be resolved.

You do not think in terms of reality. Without US charity Israel would be an
economic basket case and people would be leaving in droves. Without US
diplomatic support an economic embargo would have been slapped in Israel decades
ago. Shut off it oil and the lights go out in a week just as in Gaza so they get
no sympathy over living in the dark.

All it takes is for the US to stop acting against its own interests and stop
supporting Israel. When that happens the country is over. With US charity runing
10-30% of the Knesset budget each year (some times higher) and all the tax
breaks in its favor it manages and enconomy equal to the lowest in Europe --
exclusive of the Balkans at the moment.

Who is going to stay with a third world economy when most European countries
permit the grandchildren of emigrants to return no questions asked? The way to
avoid this is to put the military on a shoestring budget to make up the
difference. It can't have both. And without the military technology they steal
from the US they quickly fall behind the curve and no one wants to buy what they
make.

Without US diplomatic cover Israel will finally have to make peace with its
neighbors. For one that means they have to abandon the Syrian Heights for peace
with Syria. That means it has to buy 20% of its water from Syria if Syria
chooses to sell it. It has to make peace with the Palestinians and withdraw to
its 1948 borders. That means it has to buy another 30% of its water from them if
they choose to sell it. Don't get upset though. If they do not buy any water
they will have several times more per capita than the Palestinians have now.

This gives you the flavor of it. I can add other things but that is enough for
now.

--
No democracy has the right to keep secret facts which could materially
affect any election.
Old July 4th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Jarg wrote:
"Matt Giwer" wrote in message
Treaties are in fact the legal instruments that matter and they are
recognized by the tribes which signed them.

Do you really want to use treaties as the only basis for sovereignty?

We were not discussing sovereignty. We were discussing ownership. They are not
the same things. Only _federal lands_ are owned by the federal government.

Because I would be willing to bet a significant portion of the planet it
inhabited by people who took the land from other people without the benefit
of any treaty.

Nor are we talking any history prior to 1945 where the first international
agreements were signed to prohibit acquisition by conquest and the signatories
of them, such as members of the UN, swore they would not do so.

--
Whenever you read of Bush talking about withdrawing troops from Iraq you can
be certain the next day will have a report of sending additional troops.