difference between SZD-48-1 and SZD 48

Old March 14th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Gruber

Default difference between SZD-48-1 and SZD 48

Any Jantar experts out there?

What the difference between an SZD-48-1 and SZD? I don't really know
that much about these aircraft. At the moment I'm trying to help
resolve an issue with play in the ailerons on a glider that is suppost
to be an SZD-48-1. One of the control rods has a lot of wear from the
rollers and needs to be replaced. The control rode from the SZD-48-1
parts catalog really doesn't match the one from the glider.

The Tech has an entry in 1978 stating the following:
convert to SZD-48-1 from SZD 48

On other thing I noticed is that this glider had side vents on the
fuse that I never noticed in the parts catalog. Did the factory make
mutant jantars??? Wondering if I need an SZD 48 catalog??

Any help would be appreciated. The serial number is w856.

Thanks
Old March 14th 10, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_4_]

On Mar 14, 12:06*am, John Gruber wrote:
Any Jantar experts out there?

What the difference between an SZD-48-1 and SZD? *I don't really know
that much about these aircraft. *At the moment I'm trying to help
resolve an issue with play in the ailerons on a glider that is suppost
to be an SZD-48-1. *One of the control rods has a lot of wear from the
rollers and needs to be replaced. *The control rode from the SZD-48-1
parts catalog really doesn't match the one from the glider.

The Tech has an entry in 1978 stating the following:
convert to SZD-48-1 from SZD 48

On other thing I noticed is that this glider had side vents on the
fuse that I never noticed in the parts catalog. *Did the factory make
mutant jantars??? *Wondering if I need an SZD 48 catalog??

Any help would be appreciated. *The serial number is w856.

Thanks

From Wikipedia: quote Production of the initial production version
the SZD-48 Jantar Standard followed the first flight piloted by Jan
Roman totalling 44. Soon superseded by the SZD-48-1 Jantar Standard 2
with small refinements including replacing the ventilation flaps with
a single flap on the underside in front of the launch hook. unquote
Sounds like you have an original SZD 48.

Factory SZD rep for North America is Windpath Corp; http://www.windpath.ca;
e-mail

Factory website is
http://www.szdjezow.com.pl/biul_jantarst_eng.html
(this is the Jantar 48 and 48-1 page). I note on the bulletins page
at http://www.szdjezow.com.pl/Biuletyny...td2_48_eng.pdf,
numbers 16 and 43, things on ailerons (in particular, 43 on bearing
wear which applies to your serial number). Bulletin 3 is the 48 to
48-1 change.

These should give you a good start.

I fly a 55.

Dan
Old March 14th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GK[_2_]

What the difference between an SZD-48-1 and SZD?

SZD means Szybowcowe Zaklady Doswiadczalne in free translation:
Sailplane Experimental Factories - there was more than one.
48-1 is a glider model.
The early versions of 48 had vents placed under the wings, the later
version called 48-1 had a vent positioned up front, under the belly.
48-1 had a different water ballast tanks - I'd imagine control rod
would be different for that reason as well. It seem that you have an
early version of the 48. Please contact the North American dealer;
He's plenty of help.

*I don't really know
that much about these aircraft. *At the moment I'm trying to help
resolve an issue with play in the ailerons on a glider that is suppost
to be an SZD-48-1. *One of the control rods has a lot of wear from the
rollers and needs to be replaced. *The control rode from the SZD-48-1
parts catalog really doesn't match the one from the glider.

The Tech has an entry in 1978 stating the following:
convert to SZD-48-1 from SZD 48

The differences between the two we different water ballast tanks,
different extendable gear assembly and those vent holes.

On other thing I noticed is that this glider had side vents on the
fuse that I never noticed in the parts catalog. *Did the factory make
mutant jantars??? *Wondering if I need an SZD 48 catalog??

Any help would be appreciated. *The serial number is w856.

Thanks

What the difference between the Aluckyguess Piloting 14 April 6th 07 03:25 AM
What is the difference between... expresstechonsite Home Built 7 June 5th 06 03:00 PM
what a difference! Chris Piloting 3 January 12th 06 11:52 PM
Another Canadian difference? Paul Tomblin Instrument Flight Rules 6 October 25th 05 04:04 PM
Difference between C150 and 152 DeltaDeltaDelta Piloting 23 March 26th 04 11:02 AM