SeeYou Mobile with SN10B data

Old October 31st 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default SeeYou Mobile with SN10B data

On Oct 31, 11:49*am, wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:07 pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:

Kirk,

I use seeyoumobile with an sn-10b. I also have the cable that supports
the supplemental info from the sn-10 into seeyoumobile. Since I went
with the new cable the seeyou wind calc seems to be in better
agreement than in the past when using the gps data alone. However, I
always rely on the final glide calc from the sn-10 so the possible
increase in accuracy in seeyoumobile is of limited value to me. I
would only go with the new cabling if you were already planning to
make a change behind the panel.

Regards,

XJ

XJ, how about the thermal information? *Thermal history, centering
page, etc? *Does that appear to be more useful than the GPS-derived
information?

Kirk

Kirk,

Sorry, I haven't used the seeyou thermal features enough to comment on
them.

XJ- Hide quoted text -

I set up my two SeeYou map pages to take advantage of the set up
variations available with SeeYou mobile-

map page 1 is for X/C on the run, nav boxes include, distance to
target, bearing to target, required L/D to target, current L/D,
required altitude to target, Ground speed, wind speed and direction,
Netto. Map page 1 aslo shows all the airports within glide.

map page 2 is set up for thermalling- I use a pretty high zoom in so
I can see my circles, how round and where in the circle I'm climbing.
this is a huge help to center themals and keep track of the wind drift
while circing.
For nav boxes I use avg vario, wind speed and direction. I also use
larger fonts for this page. I don't have the latest version of SeeYou
mobile which has a thermal optimizer but it does show where I'm
climbing int the trace. Very easy to see.

the other pages of statistics are also great but I don't use them
much.

I never use the terrain color- way too much detail and too hard to
read.

I set up the buttons to toggle between map 1 and map 2
I set up the toggle bar like my GPS in my car, up is zoom in, down is
zoom out, but I usually leave the map scale alone.
I toggle back and forth with these two pages and get a lot of info in
a quick glance. I don't have to stare at the PDA.

I use the Clear /Touch cover on my PDA and I can see it fine. I use a
9 inch long gooseneck to help position the PDA better or as needed.

I use separte battery power to run the Volkslogger and PDA. When
everything is working it is an awesome system.

Many thanks to Navitar/SeeYou guys for making such a wonderful tool.
Both desktop and mobile. The desktop is great to manage the clunky
three button Volkslogger.

Dan Rihn
ASW-20 WO