Complete O2 system wanted

Old April 22nd 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dick[_3_]

Default Complete O2 system wanted

I would like to buy a complete used Mountain High O2 system for my D2b
including bottle, regulator and electronics at a reasonable price.
Dick 972-351-1966
Old April 22nd 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

I have a used (?) system on my website
see http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page35.htm
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

Old April 23rd 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

On Apr 21, 6:40*pm, Dick wrote:
I would like to buy a complete used Mountain High O2 system for my D2b
including bottle, regulator and electronics at a reasonable price.
Dick 972-351-1966

I have also been putting together an O2 system as well and in doing
considerable research found that I could easily put a system together
a brand new system for under $250 equivalent to the ones that the
"Soaring" sites typically charge $350+ for.
I get the mask, canula and flowmeter kit ($95) from Cumulus soaring
and the Cylinder, Valve and Regulator from the cheapest "Medial
supply" place ($60+$40).

The price seems to be getting inflated on the O2 cylinder and
Regulator but if you compare specs you will realize that the typical
13 cu.ft "D" size cylinder only costs ~$60 from medical supply places
instead of $215+ from an Aero supplier and a functionally equivalent
regular can be had for $40 instead of $170.

The cylinders are identical in size, shape & specs and come from the
same factory (Luxfer).

Also, the oxygen for ABO(Aviator), Medical and Welding all come from
the same source and be had in the same composition, but if your bottle
has an ABO or Medical sticker they are only allowed to be filled from
a single specific source type, narrowing your filling opportunities
considerably.

You are best off getting an unmarked bottle and filling it anywhere,
Scuba shop, airport, medical supply(with prescription as they
typically dont know they can supply pilots without one) or welding
supply.

There are also "Electronic O2 conservers"($300 Devillbliss) at half
the price of the "Aviation"($600) one I have seen, but I did not
research it enough to know for certain if it is equivalent.
Old April 27th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dick[_3_]

On Apr 21, 8:40�pm, Dick wrote:
I would like to buy a complete used Mountain High O2 system for my D2b
including bottle, regulator and electronics at a reasonable price.
Dick 972-351-1966

Well I am still looking, I have a little better definition of the
needed equipment now. The EDS controller is a must. The tank should
be the 5 1/4" approximate diameter. That is the size of the clamp in
the D2. I will consider buying the components seperately. Dick
Old April 27th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dick,

I offer new Mountain High systems. I have spent a lot of time making my
Mountain High web site a valuable resource. It includes duration charts and
cylinder sizes for every system. You can see a system with a 5.25" diameter
cylinder in the link below.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/mh-o2...#00EDS-0062-01

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 28th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 27, 5:51*am, Dick wrote:
On Apr 21, 8:40 pm, Dick wrote:

I would like to buy a complete used Mountain High O2 system for my D2b
including bottle, regulator and electronics at a reasonable price.
Dick 972-351-1966

Well I am still looking, I have a little better definition of the
needed equipment now. *The EDS controller is a must. *The tank should
be the 5 1/4" approximate diameter. *That is the size of the clamp in
the D2. *I will consider buying the components seperately. *Dick

Dick

I am sure I did not spend as much time on my website as Paul. But all
the same information is on the site in a consise manner. What I can
provide which is much more helpful is the experience of thousands of
hours of flying with the Mountain High Systems.

http://www.craggyaero.com/edssystem1.htm

Give me a call.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com