2010 Performance Soaring Seminar

Old February 24th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

Default 2010 Performance Soaring Seminar

Register for Session A, Session B, or both.

http://www.soaringchapters.org

Did I miss something here? All I see is a Google calendar with events
and no registration information.
Old February 24th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 24, 7:39*am, Todd wrote:
Register for Session A, Session B, or both.

http://www.soaringchapters.org

Did I miss something here? *All I see is a Google calendar with events
and no registration information.

There should be two widgets above the calendar. Browser version?

Frank
Old February 24th 10, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

Did I miss something here? *All I see is a Google calendar with events
and no registration information.

There should be two widgets above the calendar. *Browser version?

Frank

Blame it on Google!
Widgets are now there!
Old February 25th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 23, 11:16*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:07*pm, BravoCharlie
wrote:

Hello Pilots,

I am pleased to announce the second annual spring soaring seminar to
be held in Boulder, Colorado. *It is entitled the 2010 Performance
Soaring Seminar and Colorado Soaring Awards.

It will be held on February 27, 2010, 9:00 – 5:00 MST at the National
Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder.

The event is nearly at capacity (100) but a VERY few spots remain. *If
you wish to attend personally please reply directly to this post to
receive an Evite.

The good news (if you cannot attend in person) is that the event will
be webcast and you can attend remotely. *We experimented with this
last year and a number of pilots attended on line. *The feedback was
very positive. *So, if you attended on line last year, let folks know
what you thought.

Frank Whiteley put this webcast technology to work and deserves a lot
of credit for making it go. *Bill Daniels will assist as fellow
techie. *It is great technology for presentations such as this in our
sport. *Frank will post about the connection details as we get closer
to the event.

Here is the line up (not necessarily in this order):

Bob Faris: Badge and Record Update
Al Ossorio: Mountain Flying and Safety Considerations
Aland Adams: Your Ship; Tuning for Performance
Dave Leonard: *Speed to Fly; Maximize Cruise
John Seaborn: Maximize the Climb
Panel Discussion

Special Soaring Fantasy: Ralph “Woody” Woodward: 1000 km + in the EB28
in Namibia, Africa

Frank Whiteley, Colorado SSA Governor, will present the 2009 Colorado
Soaring Awards.

Be there.

Fly safely,

Bob Caldwell

Bob,

Do you have a schedule yet so we know which session(s) to sign up for?

9:00-9:45 Aland Adams: Tuning for Performance
9:45-10:30 Alfonso Ossorio: Mountain Flying and Safety Considerations
10:30-10:45 Break
10:45-11:15 Bob Faris: Badge and Record Update
11:15-12:00 Ralph “Woody” Woodward: The EB 28 in Namibia, Africa
12:00-12:45 Lunch Break and Social Time
12:45-1:15 Colorado Soaring Awards by Frank Whiteley, SSA Governor
1:15-2:30 John Seaborn: Maximizing Your Climb
2:30-2:45 Break
2:45-3:30 Dave Leonard: Running: Speed-to-Fly
3:30-4:00 Time to account for poor planning on my part (we will
probably be behind schedule by now) and break
4:00-5:00 Panel Discussion
Old February 27th 10, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:

[...]

So did this require a PRE-registration? With Chrome, I see the
widgets but it won't take my email address. With Firefox, it doesn't
get that far, just says can't open connection.
Old February 27th 10, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

wrote:
[...]

Outstanding seminar and great presentations! Thanks to Bob for
organizing and Frank for arranging the web transmission. Hope they
captured it someplace and can post to a website or YouTube.

Tim
Old February 28th 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

wrote:

[...]

Apparently, something not specifically mentioned in the support
documentation. Had another feedback about this aspect of Widget use
for registration.

Frank Whiteley
Old March 1st 10, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Feb 27, 12:33 pm, " wrote:

So did this require a PRE-registration? With Chrome, I see the
widgets but it won't take my email address. With Firefox, it doesn't
get that far, just says can't open connection.

Apparently, something not specifically mentioned in the support
documentation. Had another feedback about this aspect of Widget use
for registration.

Frank Whiteley

Too bad some folks missed it. It was pretty good presentation. The only
problem I had was a temporary microphone disconnect during one talk, not
a fault of the web system.

The window said it was recording, so is a file of the event available?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz
Old March 1st 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 28, 10:02*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Feb 27, 12:33 pm, " wrote:

[...]

There are multiple recordings, but it will take some post processing.

Yes, the little mic disconnected slowly from the transmitter.
Enthusiastic hand talking I guess;^) We were on the third 9v battery
by about hour six. No one tripped over any wires though!

Frank Whiteley