Jabiru 5100 - any experiences yet?

Old February 15th 04, 03:32 PM
Paul Lee

" jls" wrote in message ...
"Paul Lee" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone give us a specific hint as to what the problem is with
the Jab 5100 instead of these inuendos whose intent is to leave
a lot to the imagination?

Innuendo, hell. Assuming the conversation at LAX to be truthful and
accurate, you should have no trouble concluding there were 3 catastrophic
engine failures.

"Innuendo, hell. ... catastrophic failures...." again deliberately
leaves
much to imagination. Hardly specific or objective. You also snipped
out
my attempt at objectivity - with no comments.

Since you seem to know so much about the problems and have the
"courage", why not give us the technical specifics? A lot of people
are holding their
breath for some detailed facts. There is nothing libelious about
reporting the actual specifics.

What is a "catastrophic" engine failure? It exploded in mid air? And
then
Jabiru replaced the engine twice?
Old February 15th 04, 04:27 PM
Frank Stutzman

Captain Avgas wrote:
There's one important point that everyone has overlooked regarding the
new Jabiru 8 cylinder engine. Just tell me how many of the new whiz
bang engine management systems provide for CHT and EGT data on 8
cylinders.

IIRC, JPI makes a model for nine cylinder radials. One cut with a pair of
dykes and you've got one for a 8 cylinder.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old February 19th 04, 02:55 AM
CW9371

Learn to read. I was not a party to the conversation. Learn to write
too.

Also learn to do a little research. Do you expect all your questions to be
answered here in rec.anarchy.homebuilt?

I think I can read, cant help it if you dont like a quote thats cut out of
your comments. I think I can write, however my typing skills leave something
to be desired. But I don't claim to be a typest.
In regards to the research if you knew how to read, you would have read all the
posts in regards to this subject and you would have seen i have looked all over
the web and I cant find anything about these engine failures.
Well if your going to jump in on this conversation, you should be able to
answer it whats be asked or be able to add something to the conversation.
Which I don't see you doing.
Chris
Old February 19th 04, 02:57 AM
CW9371

Get his phone number and call him. Quit your whining.

Whos whining, your the one that seems to be the cry baby. Get his phone
number, umm far as I know he lives in Australia, thats a little large of an
area to search for a number. Do you have his number, can you post it for me.
Help me out here why dont u, since i am such a pathetic whiner. I mean I cant
even write to your standards. Can I have your pitty now.
Thanks I needed that. LOL

Chris
Old February 19th 04, 01:23 PM
jls

"CW9371" wrote in message

Get his phone number and call him. Quit your whining.

Whos whining, your the one that seems to be the cry baby. Get his phone
number, umm far as I know he lives in Australia, thats a little large of

an
area to search for a number. Do you have his number, can you post it for

me.
Help me out here why dont u, since i am such a pathetic whiner. I mean I

cant
even write to your standards. Can I have your pitty now.
Thanks I needed that. LOL

Chris

Attaboy, Chris. Now we're friends an if I find out something I'll pass it
on to u. Right now I have no interest in flying behind any Jabiru engine.

Old February 20th 04, 01:36 AM
John Duncan

Try www.whitepages.com.au.( there's only 20 million of us - easier than
searching LA!)