Annual overdue by a few days

Old May 5th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Annual overdue by a few days

On Sun, 04 May 2008 12:22:42 -0400, Peter Clark
wrote:

On Sun, 4 May 2008 08:48:01 -0700 (PDT), Larry
wrote:

The ferry permit is basically a formality. The A&P gets one, signs
off that the aircraft is safe to move, and hands it to you to go get
the aircraft. Takes about 1/2 hour to arrange assuming the guy from
the FSDO is near his desk.

actually the thing about a ferry permit is that the pilot is the one
who determins whether the aircraft is flyable, the permit is basically
an own recognisance waiver to fly an "unairworthy" aircraft.
unless you yanks do it differently than in australia the A&P's opinion
doesnt come into it.
Stealth Pilot
Old May 5th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 4 May 2008 10:52:47 -0500, "Travis Marlatte"
wrote:

One could, if one were daring, just do the flight.

Otherwise, contact the local FSDO to get a ferry permit.

the savvy would sent the paperwork by courier over to the maintenance
people then fly over to them.
if stopped, "oh the paperwork is with the maintenance people, I'm just
flying it over there now for the annual"

bwhahahahahah
Stealth Pilot
Old May 5th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

wrote:

The ferry permit is basically a formality. The A&P gets one, signs
off that the aircraft is safe to move, and hands it to you to go get
the aircraft. Takes about 1/2 hour to arrange assuming the guy from
the FSDO is near his desk.

actually the thing about a ferry permit is that the pilot is the one
who determins whether the aircraft is flyable, the permit is basically
an own recognisance waiver to fly an "unairworthy" aircraft.
unless you yanks do it differently than in australia the A&P's opinion
doesnt come into it.
Stealth Pilot

I guess it's another FSDO bizzarity.

"§ 21.199 Issue of special flight permits.
(a) Except as provided in §21.197(c), an applicant for a special
flight permit must submit a statement in a form and manner prescribed
by the Administrator, indicating—

(1) The purpose of the flight.

(2) The proposed itinerary.

(3) The crew required to operate the aircraft and its equipment, e.g.,
pilot, co-pilot, navigator, etc.

(4) The ways, if any, in which the aircraft does not comply with the
applicable airworthiness requirements.

(5) Any restriction the applicant considers necessary for safe
operation of the aircraft.

(6) Any other information considered necessary by the Administrator
for the purpose of prescribing operating limitations.

(b) The Administrator may make, or require the applicant to make
appropriate inspections or tests necessary for safety."

I guess under paragraph B the FSDO here made me get a mechanic to sign
a box saying it was safe to move for the annual.
Old May 5th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

is that your reg covering ferry flights?
our regs have a section specifically on ferry flights.(or used to
have)

Stealth Pilot
Old May 5th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

wrote:

[...]

In Canada an AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) has to get the
permit.

Dan
Old May 5th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

On Mon, 05 May 2008 22:48:13 +0800, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

is that your reg covering ferry flights?
our regs have a section specifically on ferry flights.(or used to
have)

Special flight permit = ferry flight.
Old May 5th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

It also depends on how far you want to ferry the plane. 50 or 100 miles
then probably no problem. No FSDO is going to give you a ferry permit
to go 1000 miles back to your home airport for an annual. They'll just
tell you to get the annual locally.

Peter Clark wrote:
On Sun, 4 May 2008 08:48:01 -0700 (PDT), Larry
wrote:

Am I allowed to fly my plane to a near by airport in order to complete
the aircraft annual even if it is a few days after annual due date? In
other words annual was done on 4/29/07 and now we are into May. What
do I need to do to get permission and how long can this extension be.
Would this be different than a "Ferry Flight" limited to 10hrs.
Or......Thanks

Get your A&P to call the FSDO and get a ferry permit. As soon as the
annual expired it's no longer legal to reposition to the other
airport. The fly-over-to-reposition provisions of the 100hr
inspection don't apply to annual inspections.

Old May 6th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Edward A. Falk

In article ,
Robert M. Gary wrote:

It also depends on the FSDO. Some FDSO's require basically a 100 hr
inspection before issuing the permit.

The San Jose FSDO gave me a ferry permit with the proviso "All ADs complied with".

But some of the ADs required regular inspection. I pretty much had to get
the plane inspected in order to fly it to the airport to get inspected.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Old May 6th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On May 5, 6:00*pm, (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

The San Jose FSDO gave me a ferry permit with the proviso "All ADs complied with".

But some of the ADs required regular inspection. *I pretty much had to get
the plane inspected in order to fly it to the airport to get inspected.

I have a Mooney which requires all flight controls and gear to be
lubed plus a gear load test by AD. At that point you might as well
just do the annual. You sure as heck don't want to open all those
panels up to do the AD and then have to open them again to do the
annual. That's about 4 hours of screw turning.

-Robert
Old May 6th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

4 hours of wrench turning just to get at a part? Bwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I
thought my 182 was bad when it took 15 minutes to get both cowl halves off.

old days Airman Rotorcraft 23 January 2nd 07 01:36 PM
60 Days for Calibration [email protected] Soaring 7 May 1st 06 03:00 AM
Days as a hanger rat Jack Allison Owning 33 May 12th 05 03:01 AM
Just a few more days Louis L. Perley III Owning 1 December 31st 04 01:36 PM
Two bad days... Yeff Military Aviation 0 July 3rd 04 09:31 PM