Class B busted...My problem or the controller's ?

Old June 4th 05, 02:59 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Guillermo" wrote in message

Traffic avoidance maybe?

ATC does not separate VFR traffic in Class E airspace.

Isn't that one of the reasons you are requesting flight following for?

Flight following is requested for traffic advisories. ATC advises you of
observed traffic, it's up to you to avoid it. You may request a heading for
that purpose or ATC may suggest one, but ATC cannot require you to fly any
specific heading.

Also, a slight change of course may make his job easier.

In what way?

What is the point of asking for flight following if you don't want to do
what ATC recommends?

One asks for flight following to assist in spotting other traffic, not to be
vectored aimlessly about the sky.

I would agree that if you get a crazy instruction from ATC which will take
you off course by a lot, I would tell him that I don't want to fly that,
but I don't see the point of not collaborating with ATC if the
instructions
are reasonable.

What do you see as the goal of this "collaboration"?