PowerFlarm Update?

Old March 17th 15, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

Default PowerFlarm Update?

I've got a portable I'll sell ya.
Old March 17th 15, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 1:52:27 PM UTC-7, vontresc wrote:
On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 3:08:41 PM UTC-5, pcool wrote:
Oh com'on Dan, for a couple of snowflakes..!!
(hehe)

"Dan Daly" wrote in message

For pcool - I'm Canadian, there's a couple of feet of snow on the ground, it
snowed yesterday, tonight (Monday) it's supposed to snow, Tuesday snow,
Saturday snow...

So with all this griping about flarm updates, where are the loads of used flarm units for sale here in the US?

:-)

Pete

I have a PowerFlarm core I can sell you, only $1999. Your choice of firmware.

;-)
Old March 17th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 7:37:38 PM UTC-5, Karl Kunz wrote:
I've got a portable I'll sell ya.

So what does a used portable sell for these days?

Peter
Old March 18th 15, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 1:22:03 PM UTC-6, Mike the Strike wrote:
Yes , but we are flying in other parts of the country. I updated mine to version 6 on Saturday, but none of my colleagues at the field had. I can confirm that we didn't see each other, but at least I could see their transponders.

Mike

I had the same experience on Sunday that Mike had. My Core was updated and the other pilots' units were not. No joy. I did see the transponders and heavy iron ADS-B going by up above.

BC
Old March 18th 15, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6X

I think the recommended update protocol should have been to defer the update until the first flight after 3/31/15.
Old March 18th 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:55:49 AM UTC-5, 6X wrote:
I think the recommended update protocol should have been to defer the update until the first flight after 3/31/15.

Mike and Bob,

And I think your lazy-ass friends should just go ahead and update, it's not that horrifying. At the end of March the old version is going to software heaven - or hell based on your liking - anyway.
Old March 20th 15, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Exoanding the market? My wife needs one. She is constantly walking into things.
Old March 20th 15, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 12:42:14 PM UTC-7, vontresc wrote:
On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 7:37:38 PM UTC-5, Karl Kunz wrote:
I've got a portable I'll sell ya.

So what does a used portable sell for these days?

Peter

Good question. I don't know.
Old March 21st 15, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

OK, I updated my FLARM to 6.0 and told it my new HEX number (different sailplane), but as far as I can see my my mode a/c transponder doesn't know my HEX number...............am I missing something here? How does the FLARM know to disregard my transponder squalk?
JJ
Old March 21st 15, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 6:23:23 AM UTC-7, JJ Sinclair wrote:
OK, I updated my FLARM to 6.0 and told it my new HEX number (different sailplane), but as far as I can see my my mode a/c transponder doesn't know my HEX number...............am I missing something here? How does the FLARM know to disregard my transponder squalk?
JJ

JJ,

you also need a sentence in the config file to set the kind of xponder.

# Set what kind of transponder you have installed:
# 0 ... no XPDR (default)
# 1 ... Mode C
# 2 ... Mode S

# configure transponder type