Oudie won’t download flight

Old April 30th 18, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Oudie won’t download flight

On Monday, 30 April 2018 08:42:12 UTC-6, wrote:
I did check the flights directory and checked the memory card. At this point I am going to fly with it again and make sure the satellites are locked in both my Cambridge model 20 and the Oudie. Last time was my first flight of the year with my glider so maybe i forgot some procedure. I also will take both my Oudie and Cambridge flight recorder home to upload the flight so if the Oudie isn’t working the Cambridge recorder should at least have the flight.

Hopefully its nothing. I was unsure since I downloaded the new version because i had to do it manually and then I was surprised to get a advanced version instead of the 7.47. Maybe its just a coincidence.

Thanks again for you help on this.

DC

Dennis, instead of waiting for the next time you fly put on your car dash and see if you can get it to create a flight when you are driving somewhere. BTW I upgraded my Ouide 2 with the Ouide upgrade utility on PC the software version is 8.01.004. I have not flown with it yet

Ron Gleason
Old May 1st 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

I upgraded my Oudie 2 and the version I now have is 7.21.003
Is this not the newest version available?

With the logging problem I would go Settings IGC Loggingcheck box Logger permanently on then go and hit Save Settings before turning off

Old May 1st 18, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Nick

Why would you leave the logger always on?

DC
Old May 2nd 18, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

Dennis
My thinking is if the logger is permanently on then it is going to record your flight, every time, without having to remember to turn it on. My CAI 302 and my PowerFlarm both automatically record my flights BTW

Old May 2nd 18, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Idea Nick. I have changed the settling. Thanks everyone.

DC
Old May 3rd 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

I have my Oudie2 updated to the latest s/w.

Now, when I land after a flight, I get the "Flight will Finish" caution on the display, and the Oudie locks up - I have to do a hard reset via the button on the back to restart it.

Not a big deal since I don't use my Oudie as a logger (my PF and SN10 take care of that), but it is irritating.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Kirk
66
Old May 4th 18, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Kirk,

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but make sure the Oudie is not trying to save the flight log to a microSD card when one isn't installed. Go to Menu, Settings, Files and set it to save flight logs to internal memory if it isn't already.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old May 4th 18, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Paul....I think you mentioned this before... when I go to menu...I hit files and that page does NOT say saving file to anything. I get a greed out terrain...A greed out airspace....waypoints resident flash \airfields and airspace\USA\U. And the file folder Flight Folder.... has \ResidentFlash\Flights\. When I hit the button to the right of the list of files including the flights folder.

I on’t see anywhere it says save to memory card..

Dennis