Just what we needed

Old December 28th 03, 03:31 AM
Jeff Franks

Default Just what we needed

Great....just friggen great.

Shorter link:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D195237E6

"tony roberts" wrote in message
news:nospam-D039B2.17394527122003@shawnews...
Check this out

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...z&idq=/ff/stor
y/0002%2F20031227%2F185316231.htm&sc=rontz

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Old December 28th 03, 03:57 AM
BTIZ

Interesting that one of the ploys was to crash into an airliner as it was
about to land or take off.. you got to practice a lot to be able to fly the
intercept.. you're not going to catch it. And then you don't need to be
loaded with explosives.

The interesting part of "taxing by" and detonating may work.. but they don't
need an airplane to do that.. any airport ground vehicle will do.

Old December 28th 03, 04:02 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, tony roberts said:
Check this out

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...z&idq=/ff/stor
y/0002%2F20031227%2F185316231.htm&sc=rontz

Do you think *now* people will finally wake up to the fact that the real
enemy is Saudi Arabia, not Iraq?

Nah, I didn't think so.

--
"The magic of usenet has never been its technology; and, only in part, its
reach. Its magic -- its power -- is based on the very real human connections
Old December 28th 03, 04:12 AM
C J Campbell

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
| In a previous article, tony roberts said:
| Check this out
|
| http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...z&idq=/ff/stor
| y/0002%2F20031227%2F185316231.htm&sc=rontz
|
| Do you think *now* people will finally wake up to the fact that the real
| enemy is Saudi Arabia, not Iraq?

Why so? The Saudi police broke up the plot and prevented the terrorist
attack.

Old December 28th 03, 04:15 AM
Geoffrey Barnes

Just because the first link didn't work all that well for me, here is the
summary line of the article:

Report: Saudi Police Foil Airliner Attack
By Peter Graff

LONDON (Reuters) - Saudi security forces have seized light planes packed
with explosives near Riyadh's King Khalid airport, foiling a plot by suicide
pilots to blow up a Western airliner on the runway, a British newspaper said
on Sunday.

The interesting part of "taxing by" and detonating may work.. but they

don't
need an airplane to do that.. any airport ground vehicle will do.

Actually, a ground vehicle like a baggage train, a simple cargo van, a
catering truck, etc. would be able to carry vastly more explosives than a
light aircraft. True, some of these vehicles would look out of place on the
taxiways near the runway. But I suspect that it would be over so quickly
that the fires would be burning only a few seconds after someone in the
tower said, "What is that catering truck doing all the way out there?"

I'm trying to imagine how the TSA is going to react to this one. No more
private aircraft at primary Class B airports? Bomb-sniffing dog inspections
prior to taxi?

Old December 28th 03, 04:58 PM
Jim Fisher

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
| In a previous article, tony roberts said:
| Check this out

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...z&idq=/ff/stor
| y/0002%2F20031227%2F185316231.htm&sc=rontz
|
| Do you think *now* people will finally wake up to the fact that the real
| enemy is Saudi Arabia, not Iraq?

Why so? The Saudi police broke up the plot and prevented the terrorist
attack.

That was the right hand. What was the left one doing at that time?

--
Jim Fisher

Old December 28th 03, 05:16 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jim Fisher" said:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
| Do you think *now* people will finally wake up to the fact that the real
| enemy is Saudi Arabia, not Iraq?
Why so? The Saudi police broke up the plot and prevented the terrorist
attack.

That was the right hand. What was the left one doing at that time?

Funding al Queda, setting up the madras schools in Pakistan, providing aid
and comfort and arms to Muslim extremists, providing most of the 9/11
terrorists, you know, the same old stuff.

Old December 29th 03, 12:33 AM
C J Campbell

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message news:5ZCHb.37647|

| | Do you think *now* people will finally wake up to the fact that the
real
| | enemy is Saudi Arabia, not Iraq?
| |

| Why so? The Saudi police broke up the plot and prevented the terrorist
| attack.
|

| That was the right hand. What was the left one doing at that time?

The Saudis do have a little problem with the various princely factions. At
one point the Air Force HQ was just a few hundred yards from the Army HQ in
Riyadh, but there was no communication link between them. In fact, the whole
area in between was filled with land mines. When the Army got the Patriot
missile they announced they were going to test it on the first AF plane that
overflew one of their installations.

Old December 29th 03, 01:02 AM
Dan Luke

"Paul Tomblin" wrote:
That was the right hand. What was the left one doing at
that time?

Funding al Queda, setting up the madras schools in Pakistan,
providing aid and comfort and arms to Muslim extremists,
providing most of the 9/11 terrorists, you know, the same
old stuff.

No sh**.

If we just *had* to invade an Arab country, I can think of one that
would have made more sense than Iraq.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM