Heavy hand again?

Old July 14th 13, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Heavy hand again?

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...dger-mountain/
Old July 14th 13, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Old July 14th 13, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doesnt sound like the Vitek we know.

Some zealous authoritarian maybe made him mad.
Old July 14th 13, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:18:18 AM UTC-4, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...dger-mountain/

Well, this is strike #2 but we don't know yet what set off either party. In general, the guy with the gun and badge wins the first round until things get cleared up! Perhaps some legal scholar on this group could give some advise for the US-readers of this site as to how to behave or react when approached by a cop after an off field landing. What am I supposed to do, what information am I obliged to provide, which not?
Perhaps clubs should create a fact-sheet about gliders and the way they operate and distribute it to the local police stations to inform the local cops that they are not looking at something that could unleash a second 9/11?

Uli
'GM'
Old July 14th 13, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

This video has 24 minutes of a law school professor telling you to not talk to the police, followed by 24 minutes of a senior police investigator telling you to not talk to the police. It's well done and it convinced me that once I give the police my id and my name, the next and only thing that I should say (repeatedly) is "I want to talk to my lawyer before answering that question." That may lead to my arrest, but so be it.

One exception to my rule, if I get stopped on the highway and the officer asks me "Do you know how fast you were going?" my stock reply is "I believe I was driving at a safe speed for the conditions." The purpose of the officer's question is to get me to tell him, on the record, that I was speeding.. That confession would make my conviction a near certainty.
Old July 14th 13, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I agree with the comment below. I have always found Vitek to be a very
friendly gentleman. I don't understand why he would not have cooperated -
so there must be more to the story. I look forward to hearing his side.

Paul Remde
______________________________

Old July 14th 13, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It should not lead to an arrest. What charge can be applied? What probable cause can be used? Remaining silent? If read the Miranda statement you are encouraged to remain silent. Heavy handed police who probially do not know the law. I hope Vitek get rich off this one.

Robert

Old July 14th 13, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In new America getting arrested for landing out needs to be part of preflight planning.
Old July 14th 13, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's hard for me to imagine what question I might be asked upon a landout
that I'd be unwilling to answer. I am a firm believer that it can be
counter productive to **** on the Devil's boots, but I wasn't there.

Let's wait and see...

Old July 14th 13, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Clark, \B6\

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:18:18 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...dger-mountain/

Note the usual error with reference to "pilot’s license."

As my mother was 100% Magyar (Hungarian), I find the comment about "originally from the Czech Republic" notable, particularly since Vitek has lived in the Pacific NW for more than 20 years. BTW, I understand he fled from the then Czechoslovakia,a Communist state within the Eastern Bloc. Actually, even if my parents were 5th generation from Kansas, that comment would still appear notable.

Hand Propping_Adult - Fw_ Hand Propping.eml Ducky[_3_] Aviation Photos 2 June 6th 08 02:27 AM
A tad heavy? Dan Luke Piloting 11 May 24th 07 12:39 AM
Sewing Needle Suitable for Hand-Stitching Heavy Stuff Like Canvas and Carpet ThJester99 Home Built 4 August 6th 03 07:26 PM
Sewing Needle Suitable for Hand-Stitching Heavy Stuff Like Canvas and Carpet Larry Smith Home Built 0 August 4th 03 01:31 PM
Sewing Needle Suitable for Hand-Stitching Heavy Stuff Like Canvasand Carpet Shelly Home Built 0 August 2nd 03 05:42 PM