Creative editing of raw 360 flight video

Old March 30th 19, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Creative editing of raw 360 flight video

Most of the 360 soaring videos that I've seen are underwhelming. I never know where to 'look'. But I'm really impressed by this video. It edits the raw 360 footage into a fixed_point_of_view format. No doubt a lot of time spent on editing but the result seem to catch the excitement of flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

I'm lazy, distracted, relatively broke, and I've got other priorities at the moment, but maybe someone will want to try this.
Old April 3rd 19, 10:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

Here's a similar application on a glider with a 3:1 performance:

https://youtu.be/xYV_ZU4HSEA

Old April 8th 19, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 4:38:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

Here's a similar application on a glider with a 3:1 performance:

https://youtu.be/xYV_ZU4HSEA

Someone needs to get Trent in a Sailplane
Old April 8th 19, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 3:06:01 PM UTC-4, vontresc wrote:
On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 4:38:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

Here's a similar application on a glider with a 3:1 performance:

https://youtu.be/xYV_ZU4HSEA

Someone needs to get Trent in a Sailplane

We already have Bruno.
Old April 8th 19, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 12:06:47 PM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 3:06:01 PM UTC-4, vontresc wrote:
On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 4:38:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

Here's a similar application on a glider with a 3:1 performance:

https://youtu.be/xYV_ZU4HSEA

Someone needs to get Trent in a Sailplane

We already have Bruno.

I can see it now. Low save while editing 360 video... :-)
Old April 9th 19, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joe Capra

On Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 10:57:20 AM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
Most of the 360 soaring videos that I've seen are underwhelming. I never know where to 'look'. But I'm really impressed by this video. It edits the raw 360 footage into a fixed_point_of_view format. No doubt a lot of time spent on editing but the result seem to catch the excitement of flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

I'm lazy, distracted, relatively broke, and I've got other priorities at the moment, but maybe someone will want to try this.

I have the same camera and have been using it while soaring for a few month now and i love it! They provide an app for you phone that you can easily edit the footage, point the camera where you want, and export the video directly from your phone. Very very very easy!

video editing tools Derek C Soaring 2 December 28th 10 09:54 AM
music editing software etc Michael Baldwin, Bruce Products 0 May 25th 07 01:35 PM
Creative aircraft financing john smith Piloting 3 July 5th 06 01:26 PM
Editing Markers in fs2002 Thomas Napoletano Simulators 1 June 7th 04 07:26 PM
Does anybody know a link to a real picture of the X-43 in flight sans Pegasus or better yet a video clip of the flight? Scott Ferrin Military Aviation 0 April 3rd 04 08:47 PM