More questions on VFR flight following.

Old January 7th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default More questions on VFR flight following.

Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to Mxsmanic's
messages? I killfiled him long ago, but I can't filter the responses to
his messages that clutter these forums.

Wrong question.

What we really need to know is why posters feel compelled to keep telling
him what he (and we) already know. The clutter isn't from responses to his
posts -- it's the off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect)
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

"Gig601XLBuilder" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

I spend a lot of time on simulation because I like to fly.

No you have no experience in flying so you have no frame of reference to
say you enjoy it. As a matter of fact you have stated here many many
times that you don't like many if not most of the sensory inputs you
would have to put up with to fly.

So what you like to do is simulate flying and guess what? That activity
has its very own newsgroup.

Old January 7th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to Mxsmanic's
messages? I killfiled him long ago, but I can't filter the responses to
his messages that clutter these forums.

Wrong question.

What we really need to know is why posters feel compelled to keep telling
him what he (and we) already know. The clutter isn't from responses to
his posts -- it's the off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect)

Off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect) responses are still

Old January 7th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to
Mxsmanic's messages? I killfiled him long ago, but I can't filter
the responses to his messages that clutter these forums.

Wrong question.

What we really need to know is why posters feel compelled to keep
telling him what he (and we) already know. The clutter isn't from
(if incorrect) responses that are cluttering the forums.

Go fukk yourself JAy.

When you stop making off topic posts you can throw stones you hypocitical
piece of ****.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote:

I spend a lot of time on simulation because I like to fly.

No you have no experience in flying so you have no frame of reference
to say you enjoy it. As a matter of fact you have stated here many
many times that you don't like many if not most of the sensory inputs
you would have to put up with to fly.

So what you like to do is simulate flying and guess what? That
activity has its very own newsgroup.

Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to Mxsmanic's
messages?

Because it's fun? That's why I do it anyway.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to
Mxsmanic's messages? I killfiled him long ago, but I can't filter
the responses to his messages that clutter these forums.

Wrong question.

What we really need to know is why posters feel compelled to keep
telling him what he (and we) already know. The clutter isn't from
on-topic (if incorrect) responses that are cluttering the forums.

Off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect) responses are still

Like this one is , you mean?

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect) responses are still

Although they are posted in reaction to MX's posts, I would hardly call them
involuntary reaction.

Posting "f&ckwit!" after every MX post, for example, could be done more
efficiently by a computer program.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 7th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in
newsGsgj.25377$Ux2.19443@attbi_s22:

Off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect) responses are
still responses to his posts.

Although they are posted in reaction to MX's posts, I would hardly
call them "responses" in the traditional sense. For some they seem
more like an involuntary reaction.

Posting "f&ckwit!" after every MX post, for example, could be done
more efficiently by a computer program.

So could your drivel, fjukkwit.

It'd have more personality as well.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newsGsgj.25377$Ux2.19443@attbi_s22...

Although they are posted in reaction to MX's posts, I would hardly call
them "responses" in the traditional sense. For some they seem more like
an involuntary reaction.

Some should improve their self control.

Posting "f&ckwit!" after every MX post, for example, could be done more
efficiently by a computer program.

There are computer programs that can efficiently block his messages. Those
that use these forums for the intended purpose should use those programs.
Mxsmanic would be like the tree falling in the woods that nobody could hear.

Old January 7th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newsGsgj.25377$Ux2.19443@attbi_s22...

Although they are posted in reaction to MX's posts, I would hardly
call them "responses" in the traditional sense. For some they seem
more like an involuntary reaction.

Some should improve their self control.

Posting "f&ckwit!" after every MX post, for example, could be done
more efficiently by a computer program.

There are computer programs that can efficiently block his messages.
Those that use these forums for the intended purpose should use those
programs. Mxsmanic would be like the tree falling in the woods that
nobody could hear.

Um he nmeant me.

He slurps Anthony because anthony is relatively nice to him.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

There are computer programs that can efficiently block his messages.
Those that use these forums for the intended purpose should use those
programs. Mxsmanic would be like the tree falling in the woods that nobody
could hear.

It is for this reason that I've gone back to using my ISP for access to
Usenet, rather than Google Groups. I honestly miss some of the nicer
features of GG, but it sure is nice to have a respectfully cordial group
again -- even if it is artificially attained with a killfile.

And, actually, I've eliminated MX's tormentors, and left him be, for now.
He, at least, occasionally asks a good question.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Flight Questions Jed Piloting 32 September 15th 07 03:12 PM
flight level questions [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 14th 06 09:13 PM
Yesterday's IFR flight with questions A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 30 November 23rd 05 10:31 PM
Nice Surprize During Pre Flight, And A Few Odd Questions MRQB Owning 12 March 24th 04 11:26 PM
IFR flight in MSFS '98 questions Sydney Hoeltzli Simulators 9 July 31st 03 12:05 AM