More questions on VFR flight following.

Old January 4th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default More questions on VFR flight following.

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

wrote in message

I meant the individual humans who make up ATC.

So did I.

Do all the people in ATC keep up with everything in real time or do
they look at things to get current status of various things when that
thing is needed?

I don't see a practical difference. Individual controllers are supposed to
know the status of all things that affect their area of operations.

And how would they "know the status of all things" unless they look
at some thing that gives them the status, ESP?

The practical difference is you are argueing semantics.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 4th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
news

And how would they "know the status of all things" unless they look
at some thing that gives them the status, ESP?

The practical difference is you are argueing semantics.

You're the one that imagines there's a difference.

Old January 4th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ron Natalie writes:

Listen I know your world is limited, but I used to be one of those
guys on the ground in an R area who had to suspend ops when we got an
bogey in the active restricted area. Stopping our tests for twenty
minutes or being assured that they will stay off the active range
was a whole lot better than having some lost pilot wandering through
while we were trying to get work done.

How often did it happen?
Old January 4th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Stewart writes:

Let it be known to rookies that "simulation" in the above
context means a guy sitting in his underwear in front of
a PC. Least it be confused with certified sim and instructor
training....

Simulation is the same in either case. A "certified sim" isn't anything
special, it's just certified (typically for a very narrowly defined purpose).
Having an instructor nearby doesn't change the simulation.

In this case, though, the sim was irrelevant, as the question concerned radio
communications.
Old January 4th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jim Stewart writes:

Let it be known to rookies that "simulation" in the above
context means a guy sitting in his underwear in front of
a PC. Least it be confused with certified sim and instructor
training....

Simulation is the same in either case. A "certified sim" isn't
anything special, it's just certified (typically for a very narrowly
defined purpose). Having an instructor nearby doesn't change the
simulation.

In this case, though, the sim was irrelevant, as the question
concerned radio communications.

And what you have, of course, isn't a radio.

So you are talking complete crap , as always.

Bertie
Old January 4th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jim Stewart writes:

Let it be known to rookies that "simulation" in the above
context means a guy sitting in his underwear in front of
a PC. Least it be confused with certified sim and instructor
training....

Simulation is the same in either case. A "certified sim" isn't
anything special, it's just certified (typically for a very narrowly
defined purpose). Having an instructor nearby doesn't change the
simulation.

In this case, though, the sim was irrelevant, as the question
concerned radio communications.

And what you have, of course, isn't a radio.

The voices in his head must do a good job of simulating radio traffic.

Old January 4th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jim Stewart writes:

Let it be known to rookies that "simulation" in the above
context means a guy sitting in his underwear in front of
a PC. Least it be confused with certified sim and instructor
training....

Simulation is the same in either case. A "certified sim" isn't
anything special, it's just certified (typically for a very narrowly
defined purpose). Having an instructor nearby doesn't change the
simulation.

In this case, though, the sim was irrelevant, as the question
concerned radio communications.

And what you have, of course, isn't a radio.

The voices in his head must do a good job of simulating radio traffic.

I dunno. I can't remember the last time I got a clearance to go on the net
and make a fjukkwit of myself. (not like I'd need one anyway!)

Bertie
Old January 4th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Mazor writes:

The voices in his head must do a good job of simulating radio traffic.

No voices in the head are required. The traffic is provided by other pilots
and controllers on the network.

Flight Questions Jed Piloting 32 September 15th 07 03:12 PM
flight level questions [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 14th 06 09:13 PM
Yesterday's IFR flight with questions A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 30 November 23rd 05 10:31 PM
Nice Surprize During Pre Flight, And A Few Odd Questions MRQB Owning 12 March 24th 04 11:26 PM
IFR flight in MSFS '98 questions Sydney Hoeltzli Simulators 9 July 31st 03 12:05 AM