More questions on VFR flight following.

Old January 5th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default More questions on VFR flight following.

I was thinking more the use and misuse of language than social skiills
between Anthony and Humpty (let alone Bill Clinton). But we can hope
for a great fall, can't we? Humpty had his. Anthony can't get high
enough to fall, call he? Do you think his apartment is in the
basement, and his sim starts off at - 8 feet agl?

I was drinking a cup of coffee when read where he wrote he sims
because he liikes to fly! Ut's not nice for a lady to exhale coffee
thru her nose, darn it!

Even better, he programs his flights, he says, so that they are done
mostly on autopilot. So as I understand it, you sit and drink beer
while the computer does everything.

What a life!

On Jan 5, 2:23*pm, "John Mazor" wrote:
"Tina" wrote in message

... John, are you suggesting there is a linkage here -- Bill Clinton, MX

whatever, and Humpty Dumpty? It really is beginning to make sense now,
thanks for the insight.

Nah. *Doo-Doo Happens, so most things are just coincidence.

For example, Anthony is no Bill Clinton when it comes to attracting women, let alone plain
old social skills. *Speculation on any physical similarity between him and Humpty Dumpty
is just that for now, although the Vegas betting line that he's a dead ringer for the Egg
Man is 8 to 5.

For a more incisive read into Anthony's mindset, check the E.M. Forster short story "The
Machine Stops". *Written in 1909, it's an amazingly prescient cautionary tale written well
before the Internet was even a gleam in ARPA's eye. *Anthony would be be one of those who
couldn't make it out, though.

On Jan 5, 1:24 pm, "John Mazor" wrote:

"Tina" wrote in message

... MX has been
known to defy conventional use of words many times.

Reading his posts is more or less like seeing a turn signal used in
Boston: all you can be sure of is the lamp isn't burned out. In his
case you can be sure he still has a connection the the 'net.

Playing Humpty Dumpty with words - "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a
scornful tone, it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less." -
leaves
enough wiggle room to deny anything and everything.

On Jan 5, 10:41 am, "John Mazor" wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

.. .

John Mazor writes:

No matter how much you tout the value of opinion ...

I don't assert that opinions are valuable, because their value is very low.
However, all opinions have an equal value, and that is the important point.

... to the point of claiming that "my
opinion is irrefutable because it's an opinion," opinion isn't fact..

I haven't said this, although others have said essentially the equivalent.

It's a fact that simming isn't flying.

That depends on what you consider flying.

Is being a passenger in an aircraft flying? Is moving through the air without
flapping wings flying? Answer carefully.

That depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Answer carefully.- Hide quoted text -

Old January 6th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

According to the dictionary they are.

"The dictionary"? I thought there were many dictionaries.
Old January 6th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Tina wrote:
I was thinking more the use and misuse of language than social skiills
between Anthony and Humpty (let alone Bill Clinton). But we can hope
for a great fall, can't we? Humpty had his. Anthony can't get high
enough to fall, call he? Do you think his apartment is in the
basement, and his sim starts off at - 8 feet agl?

I was drinking a cup of coffee when read where he wrote he sims
because he liikes to fly! Ut's not nice for a lady to exhale coffee
thru her nose, darn it!

Even better, he programs his flights, he says, so that they are done
mostly on autopilot. So as I understand it, you sit and drink beer
while the computer does everything.

Anthony's beverage choices run a different direction. He says:

"I start by filling an ordinary coffee cup about 1/3 full with heavy
fresh cream (easy to find in France). Then I toss in several hefty
teaspoons of Ovomaltine and stir it until the lumps are out. Then I nuke
this mixture in the microwave for 90 seconds. It comes out steaming hot
and I mix it again. Then I add more heavy cream until the cup is full,
stirring all the while. The result is pure ambrosia!"

Then when he's on the Champs-Élysées, he likes to pop into McDonalds and
savor a Filet-O-Fish sandwich and a vanilla shake. He's no more a
gastronome than a pilot...
Old January 6th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

writes:

According to the dictionary they are.

"The dictionary"? I thought there were many dictionaries.

I'm sure you do.

Bertie
Old January 6th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in news:47802020$0$1125
:

Tina wrote:
[...]

What have we all been missing?

Then when he's on the Champs-Élysées, he likes to pop into McDonalds

and
savor a Filet-O-Fish sandwich and a vanilla shake. He's no more a
gastronome than a pilot...

Go to Paris and eat at Mcdonalds.

The French must just love him.

Bertie

Old January 6th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Then when he's on the Champs-Élysées, he likes to pop into McDonalds

and
savor a Filet-O-Fish sandwich and a vanilla shake. He's no more a
gastronome than a pilot...

Go to Paris and eat at Mcdonalds.

The French must just love him.

Not just France. He's overrun with affection wherever he goes, I'm sure.

Can't escape the damn things. As I recall, if you take the train out to
Versailles, there's either a McDonalds or a Burger King right across the
street from the station on your way to the castle.
Old January 6th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in news:47803c80$0$27487
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Then when he's on the Champs-Élysées, he likes to pop into McDonalds

and
savor a Filet-O-Fish sandwich and a vanilla shake. He's no more a
gastronome than a pilot...

Go to Paris and eat at Mcdonalds.

The French must just love him.

Not just France. He's overrun with affection wherever he goes, I'm sure.

Can't escape the damn things. As I recall, if you take the train out to
Versailles, there's either a McDonalds or a Burger King right across the
street from the station on your way to the castle.

Not so many in France as in other places, though. In fact, I think I heard
a lot of them are closing down in various parts of Yerp lately.

Bertie
Old January 6th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Berite, that's because Anthony can't afford to eat there often.

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Then when he's on the Champs-Élysées, he likes to pop into McDonalds
and
savor a Filet-O-Fish sandwich and a vanilla shake. He's no more a
gastronome than a pilot...

Go to Paris and eat at Mcdonalds.

The French must just love him.

Not just France. He's overrun with affection wherever he goes, I'm sure.

Can't escape the damn things. As I recall, if you take the train out to
Versailles, there's either a McDonalds or a Burger King right across the
street from the station on your way to the castle.

Not so many in France as in other places, though. In fact, I think I heard
a lot of them are closing down in various parts of Yerp lately.

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Old January 6th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Tina wrote in
:

Berite, that's because Anthony can't afford to eat there often.

Could be, though how much they made out of him going in and asking for hot
water and a packet of ketchup is questionable.

Bertie

Flight Questions Jed Piloting 32 September 15th 07 03:12 PM
flight level questions [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 14th 06 09:13 PM
Yesterday's IFR flight with questions A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 30 November 23rd 05 10:31 PM
Nice Surprize During Pre Flight, And A Few Odd Questions MRQB Owning 12 March 24th 04 11:26 PM
IFR flight in MSFS '98 questions Sydney Hoeltzli Simulators 9 July 31st 03 12:05 AM