Spot Landings

Old November 6th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cheps Baps And Clunge

Default Spot Landings

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:27:17 GMT, Mike wrote:

It's because a very small group of closed mind control freaks (most over
the
hill and without a life), insist on controlling every aspect of this
group.
And since they all firmly believe they know all the answers, there is very
little left to talk about, except how great they are.

No, we just firmly believe you don't know ANY of the answers,

There's proof right there from Mike the over the hill asshole.
--
If you really must fellate me,
Though the thought appalls;
Old November 6th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Nov 5, 6:31 am, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
Can you land to a spot within 100' of the designated spot without
power? If not you should do some serious practice or get some good
training until you can. What happened to the old time spot landing
contests that were taking place regularly on weekends?
It appears that Pilot Proficiency has gone down the tubes in favor of
technology.

Where is this coming from? Is this what this group has degraded to?
All we get is spam, MX, and posts about hypothetical situations. Am I
the only one here still flying a real airplane?

-Robert, CFII

I am still here and flying. I have filtered all the MXs, Berties, etc.
These groups used to enlightening and educational. I tried to use the
POA website, but there is just too much to go though. Here you had the
same thing but it was much easier to navigate. If I need to use that
format, I'll check in with the Cessna Pilot Association. I am a member.
I'll keep out here and read and post as I have a need. Maybe the other
will start coming back.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old November 6th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Nov 6, 12:13*pm, Ross wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
[...]

I can understand the Mxemanic thing but why are contributing CFI's
like Gary taking on someone like Rocky; a competent instructor
actively working in the profession and simply putting things out to
the forum (aviation related of course) designed to engender active and
pertinent discussion which is totally on topic?
Seems to me, even the active instructors here are getting sucked into
this constant never ending bickering that serves no aviation purpose.
DH
Old November 6th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2008-11-05 14:50:32 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2008-11-05 06:31:18 -0800, "Ol Shy & Bashful"
said:

Can you land to a spot within 100' of the designated spot without
power? If not you should do some serious practice or get some good
training until you can. What happened to the old time spot landing
contests that were taking place regularly on weekends?
It appears that Pilot Proficiency has gone down the tubes in favor of
technology.

They are still required for the commercial pilot ticket.

Without power?

Bertie

Power off 180 degree accuracy landing.

God, I'd forgotten, and I've never trained anyone for a Commercial power
rating either..

Bertie

Old November 6th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
I must be missing something.

No, you're missing a lot of things.

Ahh, just come back to liven things up, Okie boi?

Bertie
Old November 7th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
|C J Campbell wrote in
|
| On 2008-11-05 14:50:32 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:
|
| C J Campbell wrote in
|
| On 2008-11-05 06:31:18 -0800, "Ol Shy & Bashful"
| said:
|
| Can you land to a spot within 100' of the designated spot without
| power? If not you should do some serious practice or get some good
| training until you can. What happened to the old time spot landing
| contests that were taking place regularly on weekends?
| It appears that Pilot Proficiency has gone down the tubes in favor of
| technology.
|
| They are still required for the commercial pilot ticket.
|

| Without power?
|
| Bertie
|
| Power off 180 degree accuracy landing.
|

| God, I'd forgotten, and I've never trained anyone for a Commercial power
| rating either..
|

| Bertie

Mx has suffered a lot of failures too.

Old November 7th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
|
| "Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
| On Nov 5, 1:31 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
|
| Robert
| Get over yourself! Lets regale everyone about flying 20' over the
| water and 200' in a J-3. What does that have to do with improving
| anything here? What is your definition of a "real airplane"? You just
| having a bad day?
|
| It just seems ashame. We used to have students post problems and we
| would offer them solutions. Now you're posting a solution that is
| looking for a problem. I just think its a sad commentary on this group
| that we have to find problems for solutions because there isn't enough
| real aviation going on to stimulate discussion about actual student
| problems.
|
| -Robert, CFII

| It's because a very small group of closed mind control freaks (most over
| the
| hill and without a life), insist on controlling every aspect of this
| group.
| And since they all firmly believe they know all the answers, there is
very
| little left to talk about, except how great they are.
|
| No, we just firmly believe ...........

What's this we stuff retardo, you got a mouse in your pocket, or are you
convinced you dick is talking to you.

Old November 7th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
|
| "Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

| On Nov 5, 1:31 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
|
| Robert
| Get over yourself! Lets regale everyone about flying 20' over the
| water and 200' in a J-3. What does that have to do with improving
| anything here? What is your definition of a "real airplane"? You just
| having a bad day?
|
| It just seems ashame. We used to have students post problems and we
| would offer them solutions. Now you're posting a solution that is
| looking for a problem. I just think its a sad commentary on this group
| that we have to find problems for solutions because there isn't enough
| real aviation going on to stimulate discussion about actual student
| problems.
|
| -Robert, CFII

| It's because a very small group of closed mind control freaks (most
over
| the
| hill and without a life), insist on controlling every aspect of this
| group.
| And since they all firmly believe they know all the answers, there is
very
| little left to talk about, except how great they are.
|
| No, we just firmly believe ...........

What's this we stuff retardo, you got a mouse in your pocket, or are you
convinced you dick is talking to you.

The "we" is the same as your "they", you subliterate Okie, and yes I'm
pretty convinced that you do talk. It's just that nobody wants to hear your
Okie blather.

Try and keep up.

Old November 7th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
|
| "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| | "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
| |
| | "Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
| |
| | On Nov 5, 1:31 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
| |
| | Robert
| | Get over yourself! Lets regale everyone about flying 20' over the
| | water and 200' in a J-3. What does that have to do with improving
| | anything here? What is your definition of a "real airplane"? You
just
| | having a bad day?
| |
| | It just seems ashame. We used to have students post problems and we
| | would offer them solutions. Now you're posting a solution that is
| | looking for a problem. I just think its a sad commentary on this
group
| | that we have to find problems for solutions because there isn't
enough
| | real aviation going on to stimulate discussion about actual student
| | problems.
| |
| | -Robert, CFII
| |
| |
| |

| |
| |
| | It's because a very small group of closed mind control freaks (most
| over
| | the
| | hill and without a life), insist on controlling every aspect of this
| | group.
| | And since they all firmly believe they know all the answers, there
is
| very
| | little left to talk about, except how great they are.
| |
| | No, we just firmly believe ...........
|
| What's this we stuff retardo, you got a mouse in your pocket, or are you
| convinced you dick is talking to you.
|
| The "we" is the same as your "they", you subliterate Okie, and yes I'm
| pretty convinced that you do talk. It's just that nobody wants to hear
your
| Okie blather.
|
| Try and keep up.

You sound like Mx on crack. But the only crack you're smoken is Berties.

How does it feel to be nothing more than a second hand "hey boy" for a
lifeless wannabe like Gertie.

Maybe you could go find a bucket to stand on, and kiss Mx's ass.

Old November 7th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
|
| "Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| | "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message
| |
| | "Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
| |

| | On Nov 5, 1:31 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
| |
| | Robert
| | Get over yourself! Lets regale everyone about flying 20' over the
| | water and 200' in a J-3. What does that have to do with improving
| | anything here? What is your definition of a "real airplane"? You
just
| | having a bad day?
| |
| | It just seems ashame. We used to have students post problems and
we
| | would offer them solutions. Now you're posting a solution that is
| | looking for a problem. I just think its a sad commentary on this
group
| | that we have to find problems for solutions because there isn't
enough
| | real aviation going on to stimulate discussion about actual
student
| | problems.
| |
| | -Robert, CFII
| |
| |
| |

| |
| |
| | It's because a very small group of closed mind control freaks
(most
| over
| | the
| | hill and without a life), insist on controlling every aspect of
this
| | group.
| | And since they all firmly believe they know all the answers, there
is
| very
| | little left to talk about, except how great they are.
| |
| | No, we just firmly believe ...........
|
| What's this we stuff retardo, you got a mouse in your pocket, or are
you
| convinced you dick is talking to you.
|
| The "we" is the same as your "they", you subliterate Okie, and yes I'm
| pretty convinced that you do talk. It's just that nobody wants to hear
your
| Okie blather.
|
| Try and keep up.

You sound like Mx on crack. But the only crack you're smoken is Berties.

How does it feel to be nothing more than a second hand "hey boy" for a
lifeless wannabe like Gertie.

Maybe you could go find a bucket to stand on, and kiss Mx's ass.

Wow, Maxie, do you honestly think that everyone in this NG that calls you
out for a subliterate Okie with nothing coherent to offer is Bertie's "hey
boy"? You're much more delusional than I originally thought and that's
really saying something.

Please do keep up the silly Okie metaphors, Maxie. The entertainment value
is well worth it.

SPOT on Tuno Soaring 0 May 15th 08 09:36 PM
See SPOT run... [email protected] Soaring 11 April 30th 08 08:57 PM
SPOT GPS jeplane Soaring 17 February 5th 08 05:23 AM
SPOT D.Rizzato General Aviation 0 February 5th 08 01:04 AM
Night landings vs. day landings Gerald Sylvester Piloting 15 February 12th 04 06:38 AM