Highway landings

Old March 1st 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default Highway landings

Ads first, then videos of 2 recent highway landings.

http://tinyurl.com/2opvly

Old March 2nd 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Ads first, then videos of 2 recent highway landings.

http://tinyurl.com/2opvly

He did a great job!

How come no one in Alabama seems to have a southern accent anymore?
They all sound like my neighbors!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 2nd 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Ads first, then videos of 2 recent highway landings.

http://tinyurl.com/2opvly

He did a great job!

How come no one in Alabama seems to have a southern accent anymore?
They all sound like my neighbors!

They weren't locals.

Most people around here still sound like extras in "Deliverance."

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old March 2nd 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_3_]

I noticed the second one was a Malibu. Are the early models still prone to
engine failures or has the problem been all AD'd away? Or was the engine
switch and corresponding Mirage name addition the only workaround?

Marco

Old March 2nd 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Marco Leon" wrote:

I noticed the second one was a Malibu. Are the early models still prone to
engine failures or has the problem been all AD'd away? Or was the engine
switch and corresponding Mirage name addition the only workaround?

Dunno. The impression I have is that PA-46 engines are still temperamental
beasts. Perhaps someone can post some solid data.

I don't like PA-46s because it's such a long way from the pilot's seat to the
exit if you have to get out in a hurry. Maybe I'm too used to quick-exit
Cessnas, but I get claustrophobic in a Malibu.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old March 5th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
I don't like PA-46s because it's such a long way from the pilot's seat to
the exit if you have to get out in a hurry. Maybe I'm too used to
quick-exit Cessnas, but I get claustrophobic in a Malibu.

Then you don't want to sit in the left seat of a Mooney! I don't care what
the dimension numbers say, that high instrument panel and the sloping
headliner make it feel real small.

Marco

Old March 6th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Marco Leon" wrote:

I don't like PA-46s because it's such a long way from the pilot's seat to
the exit if you have to get out in a hurry. Maybe I'm too used to
quick-exit Cessnas, but I get claustrophobic in a Malibu.

Then you don't want to sit in the left seat of a Mooney! I don't care what
the dimension numbers say, that high instrument panel and the sloping
headliner make it feel real small.

Yep. I've got a little time in an M20-F. Didn't care for the too-cozy
feeling it gave me. No way around it, it's going to take longer to get out
of than a Cessna, especially for two people. Not as bad as a Malibu, though.
Those things are like flying submarines.

Having a quick-bail door right at your elbow is a nice feeling. Perhaps I
wouldn't care so much about it if I'd been "raised" in Cherokees instead of
Skyhawks.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM