C-130 on final approach

Old March 14th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default C-130 on final approach

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9761 dpp T.jpg (316.2 KB, 97 views)
Old March 14th 07, 10:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub & Diane Plott

What is this particular version with the large proboscis?
"Tom Callahan" wrote in message
news

Old March 15th 07, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Papa Fox

Combat Talon ?

Old March 15th 07, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Papa Fox is probably correct. I can put up a full length image of this
aircraft if you want to see it, Tom

Old March 15th 07, 01:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith

In article ,
"Tom Callahan" wrote:

Papa Fox is probably correct. I can put up a full length image of this
aircraft if you want to see it, Tom

Now you've gone an spoiled it!
I thought that either the planes were flying lower and closer to your
property or that you had gotten a new camera.

:-)

Old March 15th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Les Matheson

You are correct. An MC-130E "Combat Talon I" now flown exclusively by the
711th SOS, 919th SOW, USAFR , Duke Field (Eglin Aux Fld #3), FL. The
radome holds two antennas, one terrain avoidance, and one for the terrain
following radars. The four bolts were the attachment points for the Fulton
Recovery System "whiskers" which were removed from all the aircraft in 1999.
Until recently, both the 8th SOS, 1st SOW and the 711th flew the E model.
The 8th SOS now is back at Hurlburt Field as the first operational CV-22
Squadron.

Have "several" hours in one of these myself.

Nice picture.

Les

Old March 15th 07, 05:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

I got about ten photos of this aircraft as it flew past. They did about
three landings. I only photographed it once 'cause I was supposed to be
working in the yard.
I also got shots of an F-15, a T-6 III, some ospreys and an egret. Oh, I
did weed and spread mulch, Tom

wrote:

What is this particular version with the large proboscis?
"Tom Callahan" wrote in

message
news

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9763.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	8127

Osprey evades C-130 on final approach Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 5 March 18th 07 01:34 PM
EA-6B lining up for final approach at Pensacola NAS Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 0 February 23rd 07 06:00 PM
Final Approach B734 Kevin Piloting 19 January 16th 07 04:10 AM
Desktop Wallpaper - "An F/A-18A on final approach". T. & D. Gregor, Sr. Simulators 0 March 1st 05 06:29 PM
Approach to an LOM/IAF with PT (not vectors to final) O. Sami Saydjari Instrument Flight Rules 35 April 13th 04 09:54 PM