Soaring Cafe Weekly Digest for week of . March 4th, 2011 throughMarch 10th, 2011

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 10th 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Elliott[_2_]

Default Soaring Cafe Weekly Digest for week of . March 4th, 2011 throughMarch 10th, 2011

A weekly digest of article posts for the Soaring Cafe is provided
below. We hope you will visit the site and enjoy reading the articles,
reviewing the latest photographs and classified ads, and following the
latest on the Concordia Project.

Please consider sending us an article, story, review, news, or
anything related to soaring you think would have interest to the
soaring community. Also, we are interested in soaring related
information you find on the internet so just send us a link.

Finally, we always need more photos -- please send us all you care to
share.

Fly safe and we hope to see you at the Cafe.

----------------------

Soaring Cafe Weekly Digest for week of . March 4th, 2011 through March
10th, 2011

1. Maiden Flight of Silent 2 with Nose-Mounted Propulsion System
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/maide...ulsion-system/

Alisport Srl of Italy recently completed the first flight of a Silent
2 fitted with an electric propulsion system installed in collaboration
with LZ Design.The system, based on the FES (Front Electric
Sustainer), is capable of
self-launching the Silent. Video footage posted on the Vimeo website
shows the Silent 2 lifting off on its [...]

2. [HD] Video | Sisteron 2009 - Gliding in the French Alps
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/hd-vi...e-french-alps/

Another beautiful HD video. Life only gets better.

From Steffenelberg
Another fantastic gliding holiday in Sisteron. 6 days of gliding, 34
hours and 1800 OLC km. Lots of wave, blue thermals and cumulus. Snow
in the mountains. Up to 7,2 m/s of climb in the wave. Will be back in
Sisteron at 26th March 2010.

3. Nice post about Gordon Boettger's recent flight
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/nice-...recent-flight/

The Schempp-Hirth site has a nice short post about Gordon's flight.
The article is in German but I find that my browser's translator
works just fine.... We congratulate Gordon on this unusual flight.
That this flight was made
with a Duo Discus. We are very happy and it shows once more that
universal power potential [...]

4. Test Tweet
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/test-tweet/

Test from SoaringCafe WP.

5. Success, again, with Facebook
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/succe...with-facebook/

I have spent the better part of the weekend working on the site and
connections with Facebook. It would really be nice if you could login
to the Cafe with your Facebook credentials and comment with them and
so on. Well, I have
successfully made that all work. But, I had to delete the Fan [...]
Soaring Cafe has posted a new item, ''

6. DVD Review: Sailplane Grand Prix in the Andes
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/dvd-r...-in-the-andes/

In January, 2010, 16 of the world's best sailplane pilots gathered in
Santiago,Chile for eight days of racing over some of the most
spectacular and starkly beautiful terrain on the planet. The lucky
pilots were invited to compete in the
Third FAI Sailplane Grand Prix, a race unlike any other in soaring.
The sailplanes all start at the same time and race around a pre-
designated course, and the first pilot to cross the finish line wins.
To make the race exciting for
the uninitiated and the results easy to understand for spectators, the
scoring is simple, or perhaps brutal, from the competitors' point of
view. The winner is the first sailplane to cross the finish line.

Several Classified Ads were posted this week. They can be reviewed at:

http://soaringcafe.com/category/classified-ads/