Final Approach B734

Old January 14th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin

Default Final Approach B734

Hi all,
I have a few concerns with landing a B734 (flight simulator). Does
anyone know where I can find a POH for this aircraft. Also, in the
flight simulator, it seems as though i can never find that happy medium
between velocity and flaps I speed up and gain too much lift, I
decrease speed and drop too fast....I adjust flaps and completely lose
it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Sorry for such a basic
question, but for some reason my knowledge of landing cessnas isn't
carrying over to the 737...imagine that!
Thanks,
and I appreciate any comments...sarcasm and serious alike.
-Kevin

Old January 14th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Kevin wrote:
Hi all,
I have a few concerns with landing a B734 (flight simulator). Does
anyone know where I can find a POH for this aircraft. Also, in the
flight simulator, it seems as though i can never find that happy medium
between velocity and flaps I speed up and gain too much lift, I
decrease speed and drop too fast....I adjust flaps and completely lose
it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Sorry for such a basic
question, but for some reason my knowledge of landing cessnas isn't
carrying over to the 737...imagine that!
Thanks,
and I appreciate any comments...sarcasm and serious alike.
-Kevin

Um, Kevin... Do you live in France too???

Old January 14th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
chris[_1_]

Kevin wrote:
Hi all,
I have a few concerns with landing a B734 (flight simulator). Does
anyone know where I can find a POH for this aircraft. Also, in the
flight simulator, it seems as though i can never find that happy medium
between velocity and flaps I speed up and gain too much lift, I
decrease speed and drop too fast....I adjust flaps and completely lose
it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Sorry for such a basic
question, but for some reason my knowledge of landing cessnas isn't
carrying over to the 737...imagine that!
Thanks,
and I appreciate any comments...sarcasm and serious alike.
-Kevin

I dunno much about flying jets, but I remember someone once told me on
a jet it's the other way around to a light a/c.. In a Cessna you use
power to control rate of descent and attitude to control speed but on a
jet it's power = speed and attitude = rate of descent.
I have had a crack at our local 737 sim and he got me to fly at 145kt
with full flap all the way down the approach. Seemed to work well...

Dunno if this will help but bonus if it does aye.. :-)

cya

Chris

Old January 14th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin

Thanks Chris,
I appreciate the advice. I have heard the same as well...maybe it is
the configuration of the aircraft in the simulator that is giving me
issues. I thought I have been doing everything right. If I hear
anymore I will let you know if you'd like.
Thanks, Kevin

Old January 14th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
chris[_1_]

Kevin wrote:
Thanks Chris,
I appreciate the advice. I have heard the same as well...maybe it is
the configuration of the aircraft in the simulator that is giving me
issues. I thought I have been doing everything right. If I hear
anymore I will let you know if you'd like.
Thanks, Kevin

Yep, do let me know.. And what sim and which 737 are you using, just
out of interest...

Old January 14th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin

x-plane version 8.5...I was flying Microsoft, and although their
graphics are much better, the realism isn't there.

Old January 14th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
G. Sylvester

chris wrote:
I dunno much about flying jets, but I remember someone once told me on
a jet it's the other way around to a light a/c.. In a Cessna you use
power to control rate of descent and attitude to control speed but on a
jet it's power = speed and attitude = rate of descent.

I remember hearing the same thing. Now having done my IFR license, you
always stay on the forward part of the curve where power = airspeed and
attitude = descent rate (power + pitch = performance). sO It's the same
for light a/c as well. it just depends on what part of the power curve
you are on and IFR a/c (in general) want to stay on the forward part of
the curve.

Gerald
Old January 14th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

x-plane version 8.5...I was flying Microsoft, and although their
graphics are much better, the realism isn't there.

Yep, do let me know.. And what sim and which 737 are you using, just
out of interest...

Can someone tell me why it is now necessary or appropriate to discuss a pure
simming question, when there is a perfectly good sim group, right around the
corner?

What is next? Are we going to start talking recipes for baking a cake? How
about some nice basket weaving?

Come on, fellows. Go talk about sims on the sim group.
--
Jim in NC