How many believe this one?

Old September 20th 04, 07:20 AM
Chris W

Default How many believe this one?

A girl I know told me she went out with an airline pilot the other day.
He told her a "story" about where he was transporting an empty 737
passenger plane to somewhere, on the way he rolled it. My friend seems
to think he is credible. I don't know. . .

--
Chris W

Bring Back the HP 15C
http://hp15c.org

Not getting the gifts you want? The Wish Zone can help.
http://thewishzone.com

Old September 20th 04, 10:38 AM
Ditch

A girl I know told me she went out with an airline pilot the other day.
He told her a "story" about where he was transporting an empty 737
passenger plane to somewhere, on the way he rolled it. My friend seems
to think he is credible. I don't know. . .

I know guys that roll DC-8s. It can be done and there is even old footage of
Tex Johnson (Johnston?) rolling a 707.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*
Old September 20th 04, 11:28 AM
Peter Lewis

Heard a presumably valid story some years ago about a BA pilot being
checked out on Concorde. The Instructor rolled the aircraft one way, and
then got the student to roll it back again in the other direction.
The story came to me from a 'usually reliable source', so I guess it's
valid. Expertly done, a roll should impose no great stress on the
airframe, as was frequently demonstrated by Bob Hoover in his famous
'pouring a glass of water while performing a slow roll' routine.
Peter

Old September 20th 04, 12:46 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Peter Lewis" wrote in message
Heard a presumably valid story some years ago about a BA pilot being
checked out on Concorde. The Instructor rolled the aircraft one way, and
then got the student to roll it back again in the other direction.
The story came to me from a 'usually reliable source', so I guess it's
valid.

If I remember correctly, it was John Hutchinson or Mike Bannister,
recounting
being checked out by Brian Trubshaw the test pilot.

Trubshaw rolled it in one direction. He handed over the controls to the BA
pilot
and said "ok, wind it back".

It might have been another "original" BA pilot.

Paul

Old September 20th 04, 04:22 PM
Andrew Gideon

Chris W wrote:

A girl I know told me she went out with an airline pilot the other day.
He told her a "story" about where he was transporting an empty 737
passenger plane to somewhere, on the way he rolled it. My friend seems
to think he is credible. I don't know. . .

That's ridiculous! What girl would go out with an airline pilot??

- Andrew

Old September 20th 04, 09:49 PM
Ditch

That's ridiculous! What girl would go out with an airline pilot??

That is true...When I was doing the dating scene and was asked what I did for a
living I told them I was a janitor at the local high school.

Old September 21st 04, 02:11 AM
Don Hammer

Reminds me of the old bumper sticker -

"Don't tell my mom I'm an airline pilot. She thinks I'm a piano
player on a whore house"

Old September 21st 04, 03:35 AM
Michelle P

Andrew,
Their are a few of our 1500 or so Pilots that I would consider going out
with. Most not a chance.

Michelle

Andrew Gideon wrote:

Chris W wrote:

A girl I know told me she went out with an airline pilot the other day.
He told her a "story" about where he was transporting an empty 737
passenger plane to somewhere, on the way he rolled it. My friend seems
to think he is credible. I don't know. . .

That's ridiculous! What girl would go out with an airline pilot??

- Andrew

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Old September 21st 04, 07:31 PM
Tom S.

"Ditch" wrote in message
That's ridiculous! What girl would go out with an airline pilot??

That is true...When I was doing the dating scene and was asked what I did

for a
living I told them I was a janitor at the local high school.

Should have told them you taught high school...then you'd really scored.