New Problem with FS9, help please!!

Old December 18th 04, 12:03 AM
Chuck Dreier

Default New Problem with FS9, help please!!

FS9 has been running fine, but all of a sudden I've developed a problem. It
begins loading fine, and I can go through the "fly now" part of the start
up. But.... when it begins the final load routine I get a black screen that
a message that Microsoft Flight Simulator can't start and it wants to send
the error to MS.

As far as I know, I haven't changed anything - though the first time it
happened was when I loaded a saved flight plan. Anyone know what might be
going on, and how to fix it? THANKS!!!!!

Old December 18th 04, 09:08 AM
AL Mills

Chuck Dreier wrote:
FS9 has been running fine, but all of a sudden I've developed a problem. It
begins loading fine, and I can go through the "fly now" part of the start
up. But.... when it begins the final load routine I get a black screen that
a message that Microsoft Flight Simulator can't start and it wants to send
the error to MS.

As far as I know, I haven't changed anything - though the first time it
happened was when I loaded a saved flight plan. Anyone know what might be
going on, and how to fix it? THANKS!!!!!

FS Navigator, right? Try ALT ENTER at the
black screen. I'm saying get into windowed mode.
Then change views, even just looking out the
window or something. I had this problem right
after I installed FSNavigator.
AL
Old December 18th 04, 11:25 AM
Quilljar

I don't know Chuck, but perhaps a start would be to go through your folder
of flight plans and delete that last one?

Quilljar Matrox
http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi

Old December 19th 04, 06:21 PM
Chuck Dreier

I don't know what happened, but I discovered that the FS9.config was
corrupted. I totally eliminated it, and then started the program. It built
a new .config file and now everything is in order. Who knows, but now we
know a way to fix it. Thanks for y'alls suggestions.

GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
A problem in the Military ? Nick Jade Military Aviation 54 March 15th 04 07:59 PM
Garmin fixes moving waypoint problem -- almost Jon Woellhaf Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 28th 03 05:29 PM
Seat height problem Slav Inger Piloting 7 July 22nd 03 02:31 PM
Wanted clever PA32 engineer's thoughts - Gear extention problem on Piper Lance [email protected] Owning 5 July 22nd 03 12:35 AM