SeeYou task settings

Old February 19th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default SeeYou task settings

Can anyone give me a clue on the task settings to use in SeeYou to
make it give me the same speed and distance scores that WinScore gives
for USA Regional contests? I've tried everything but I cannot get
SeeYou and WinScore to agree on the distance. And I doubt the speed
will match until the distance does.

Anyone hacked this out yet?

~ted/2NO

Old February 19th 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrej Kolar

Hi Ted.

It's important that:
1. You use the same method for calculating distances (there's two ways
to do that according to SC03, you can change that in Tools Options
General Distance calculation)

2. Make sure that the start and finish cylinders are defined in the
same way in WinScore and SeeYou (particularly the "Move Origin"
checkbox for the start sector where you can define whether or not the
distance starts in the middle of the sector or on its perimeter)

If you need more help - please don't hesitate to use our support forum
as well:
http://www.naviter.si/component/opti...mf/Itemid,158/

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.SeeYou.si

Old February 19th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Thanks Andrej -- changing the distance calculation setting still
doesn't give me a matching distance.

When I have "use flight fixes" selected in Task options, it properly
uses the distance flown into the turn point cylinder (1.6km mile
radius for Assigned Tasks), but I invariably get a Distance score that
is quite different that WinScore's.

In particular, I'm looking at my six different scores from the Region
9 contest last year, and cannot get the same distance/speed
calculation on any of them. I *can* get the same task distance
distance (not score!) on an Assigned Task *if* I set the "Use
waypoints" option for distance calculation in the "Task options" page.

-ted

Old February 20th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MaD

On 19 Feb., 16:58, "Tuno" wrote:
Thanks Andrej -- changing the distance calculation setting still
doesn't give me a matching distance.

When I have "use flight fixes" selected in Task options, it properly
uses the distance flown into the turn point cylinder (1.6km mile
radius for Assigned Tasks), but I invariably get a Distance score that
is quite different that WinScore's.

In particular, I'm looking at my six different scores from the Region
9 contest last year, and cannot get the same distance/speed
calculation on any of them. I *can* get the same task distance
distance (not score!) on an Assigned Task *if* I set the "Use
waypoints" option for distance calculation in the "Task options" page.

-ted

Maybe check the task time in the flight properties. In area tasks
SeeYou stops the scoring flight at the end of the task time, which, if
you flew longer, of course is shorter than the actually flown task.
At the advent of the Area Task this was how it was scored. SeeYou
hasn't adapted to the new (several years old) way of scoring where the
task time is a minimum time and not a maximum.
I've always found that annoying. -- Andrej?

So, Ted, maybe adjusting the task time to something longer than the
actual flight might solve the problem.

Regard
Marcel Duenner

Old February 20th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Thanks Marcel, but I did try that. No luck ...

Old February 21st 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZL

Tuno wrote:
Thanks Marcel, but I did try that. No luck ...

This is all for US contest rules in 2006...

For start cylinder, check "move origin", and uncheck "reduce leg
distance" in Task Properties - Observation Zone Tab. Set Radius 1 to
correct value for task and Angle1 to 180 degrees. Put in max altitude if
applicable, but SeeYou will not check the 2 minute below the start
height rule.

Same OZ setup for a finish cylinder.

In Task Properties - Options set the task type to Assigned Areas task,
even for an assigned speed task. Under task distance calculation pick
use flight fixes.

Under Tools-Options-General under distance calculation, you need to
select "using FAI spheroid (CIVL)".

Works for all the Turf 06 tasks I looked at in SeeYou within a couple
hundredths of a mile.

-Dave
Old February 21st 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Dave,

I put all those settings in exactly as you described but I still get
different answers:

Official contest result, day 1: 219.88 miles, 81.59 mph. (No
penalties)
SeeYou result: 222.4 miles, 82.53 mph.

The IGC file is 65tC40R1.igc, it can be downloaded at the SSA contest
results page.

My SeeYou version is 3.61 ...

-ted

Old February 22nd 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Following Dave's suggestions, I got it to give me the right answers,
but only after upgrading my version from 3.6.1 to 3.6.2.

Also, all task times must be 00:00:00, even the TATs with a minimum
time, else it gives me a photo landing.

~tuno

Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM
New DMSt task: 4 TPs Klaus T. Soaring 0 January 9th 06 12:03 AM
1000k comp task Mel Dawson Soaring 0 July 5th 05 08:22 PM
SeeYou to LX7000 Waypoint Task Files Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 1 May 28th 05 12:22 AM
New Task JJ Sinclair Soaring 5 October 23rd 03 01:36 AM