Plane Watching

Old June 7th 05, 04:18 PM
George Patterson

Morgans wrote:

Anyone in the computer scene would do well to try to get a job there.

Yeah. I applied in '84. Still kicking myself for blowing the interview.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 7th 05, 05:17 PM
Montblack

("Maule Driver" wrote)
[snip]
Anyway, an interesting plane watchers stopoff though tourists are
probably not welcome. I've had a G4 launch up my rear and away on 2
occasions and seen an interesting looking DC3 in the hangar, along with
a crop duster of some sort a few years ago. Very mysterious but not so
secret.

Here's a link:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U3272253B

Crop duster?????

Montblack-ops
Old June 7th 05, 06:48 PM
Robert M. Gary

I think we can share.
-Robert, CFI

Old June 7th 05, 06:49 PM
Robert M. Gary

Sacramento Exec has an "ok" picnic area to watch planes. Part of the
approach end of 20 is blocked by the restaurant but you otherwise have
a nice area to watch. Just enter the terminal and go out the door in
the back. Like PAO it is a very busy airport.

-Robert

Old June 8th 05, 10:02 PM
Dave Butler

KertDawg wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for an airport in central North Carolina at which I can
watch airplanes and listen to them on my handheld scanner. I've done
this before in other parts of the country with some pretty good
results. For instance, at Allegheny County Airport (KAGC) near
Pittsburgh, PA, you can walk out in front of the tower and watch
private jets, helicopters, and quite a few light aircraft for hours. I
just like watching and listening.

Raleigh-Durham KRDU has a nice observation area with a playground for the kids
and a scanner on the loudspeakers, a shelter to keep you out of the wind, rain,
and sun. It's not very close to the runway, but it is somewhat elevated so has a
pretty good view of rwy 5L/23R. Enough traffic to keep you entertained, at least
during the busy hours.

Pictures he
http://www.rdu.com/AboutRDU/obpark.htm

In the GA parking area directly in front of the observation deck, the airplane
directly in front of you in the middle row with the canvas cover is my Mooney.

Dave
Old June 8th 05, 10:13 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
KertDawg wrote:
[...]

YOu mean the one that the gas truck dinged this morning?

Just kidding!

Old June 8th 05, 10:46 PM
Casey Wilson

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Pictures he
http://www.rdu.com/AboutRDU/obpark.htm

In the GA parking area directly in front of the observation deck, the
airplane directly in front of you in the middle row with the canvas cover
is my Mooney.

Dave

YOu mean the one that the gas truck dinged this morning?

Just kidding!

Now, THAT was cruel....!

Old June 9th 05, 12:40 AM
Matt Whiting

KertDawg wrote:

[...]

It wasn't the gas truck ... I saw you do it! :-)

Matt
Old June 9th 05, 02:35 AM
KertDawg

Dave Butler wrote:

Raleigh-Durham KRDU has a nice observation area with a playground for the kids
and a scanner on the loudspeakers, a shelter to keep you out of the wind, rain,
and sun. It's not very close to the runway, but it is somewhat elevated so has a
pretty good view of rwy 5L/23R. Enough traffic to keep you entertained, at least
during the busy hours.

[snip]

Thanks! I had no idea this deck existed, and I've been to RDU many
times. I'll check it out the next free day I get.

I'd also like to drive down to Johnston County at some point, just to
see.

Thanks again!

Passenger crash-lands plane after pilot suffers heart attack R.L. Piloting 7 May 7th 05 11:17 PM
Rental policy Robert Piloting 83 May 13th 04 05:29 PM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 03 07:27 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 September 1st 03 07:27 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 August 1st 03 07:27 AM