Wrong war, go home...Navy Blue Angels, Air Force Thunderbirdswaste fuel doing flyovers in meaningless salute to coronavirus frontlineworkers

Old April 26th 20, 09:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Keith Willshaw[_7_]

Default Wrong war, go home...Navy Blue Angels, Air Force Thunderbirdswaste fuel doing flyovers in meaningless salute to coronavirus frontlineworkers

On 26/04/2020 03:13, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-blue...underbirds-to-
conduct-flyovers-salute-frontline-first-responders-essential-workers-
coronavirus

Flight squadrons from the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy will join forces
Tuesday to salute first responders and essential workers who are
continuing to perform their duties despite the dangers of the novel
coronavirus outbreak.

The Air Force Thunderbirds and the Navy's Blue Angels will carry out
formation flights over New York City, Newark, N.J.; Trenton, N.J., and
Philadelphia, according to a press release.

“We are truly excited to take to the skies with our Navy counterparts for
a nation-wide tribute to the men and women keeping our communities safe.”
Air Force Lt. Col. John Caldwell said. “We hope to give Americans a
touching display of American resolve that honors those serving on the
frontline of our fight with COVID-19.”

Caldwell will serve as Thunderbird 1 and mission commander for the
flyover, which was given the social media hashtag #AmericaStrong.

Here is a free clue, pilots need to train anyway and given the price of
oil and the decline in use with the lockdown the cost of the fuel is
minimal but the gesture is invaluable.