scheduling website

Old May 11th 05, 03:59 PM
Jim Burns

Default scheduling website

We've been using www.youcanbookit.com for scheduling our airplane. So far
it's been easy and worked great. The best part about it was it was a
free/commercial based site. Unfortunately the site has gone down and the
owner says it isn't likely to be put back online.

What web based scheduleing services are other pilots, owners, renters, clubs
useing?

Thanks,

Jim

Old May 11th 05, 04:08 PM
Dave Butler

Jim Burns wrote:

What web based scheduleing services are other pilots, owners, renters, clubs
useing?

Haven't done it myself, but I hear a lot of partnerships are using free Yahoo!
calendars.
Old May 11th 05, 05:09 PM
Jim Burns

Hi Jim,

After 4 years, we have not been able to upgrade the site. The people that
made the software for us, did such a hatchet job that we are unable to do
want we orginally wanted.

I had a deal with a good friend who owned a software company to re-do the
site from scratch, but last summer he stabbed me in the back over a flying
situation.

On Friday, the server died, and at this point, I'm just ready to say "I
tried". It cost me $30.000.00 of my own money but it was worth it. Its too
bad the company that designed the software did such a ****ty job.

I'm glad you enjoyed its use.

Best regards,
Jeff

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
"Jim Burns" wrote:

We've been using www.youcanbookit.com for scheduling our airplane. So

far
it's been easy and worked great. The best part about it was it was a
free/commercial based site. Unfortunately the site has gone down and

the
owner says it isn't likely to be put back online.

has he offered a reason why it is down and why he won't bring it back
online?

#m

f-up to r.a.p set
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg

Old May 11th 05, 06:09 PM
Andrew

Never used that site, but our club uses schedulemaster.com.

I also have a separate schedulemaster account for scheduling with my
students. It only costs about $10 per month. Well worth the money
because it is designed specifically for pilots, and has all the
features you need.

Old May 11th 05, 06:18 PM
buttman

try this:

http://limpwindsock.com/

Old May 11th 05, 07:58 PM
Jack Allison

We've been using this one: http://www.localendar.com/elsie So far, it
work ok. There have been a few times where it wasn't available which
was mildly annoying but they seem to have fixed whatever issues they had
with the site.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old May 11th 05, 09:23 PM
grubertm

...and another vote for schedulemaster.com. Our club has ca. 30 planes
and uses their scheduling system. I don't know about their fees though,
for a smaller fleet it might be overkill.

Old May 11th 05, 09:32 PM
Mitty

Our club (7 airplanes, 80+ members) uses aircraftclubs.com and it works well for
us. It has the web and telephone scheduling, etc. but I have not done any kind
of comparison with other services. I think it costs us something in the
neighborhood of $400/year.

Maybe when you've looked around you can report back on your conclusions?

Old May 11th 05, 11:28 PM
Randy

If you just have a small club like ours (7 members) www.calsnet.com has
been working fine.

scheduling website Jim Burns Owning 17 May 15th 05 12:18 AM
Website Mltry.- Your Information, Customized for You, Family Communication, Chat, Please Help by Visiting and Signing Gues Wolf Naval Aviation 0 January 8th 05 06:16 AM
Club scheduling software? Dave Burton Owning 7 December 26th 04 06:32 PM
millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM
Old website suddenly dies, replaced by new one Jack Glendening Soaring 2 February 8th 04 05:31 PM