CNN's post-Cessna-invasion programming

Old May 11th 05, 11:34 PM
Charles O'Rourke

Default CNN's post-Cessna-invasion programming

Hi all -

According to the CNN web site, CNN will be having a program tonight
entitled, "Defending the Skies: The threat small planes and their pilots
pose to security." It's on at 8 PM EDT (on "Paula Zahn NOW"). Should
be interesting to find out how much of a threat we are.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/

Charles.
-N8385U
Old May 11th 05, 11:36 PM
Kev

In contrast, ABC's website already has a decent editorial by their
resident pilot advisor:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Travel/story?id=748540&page=1

Old May 12th 05, 12:26 AM
Bob Noel

In article OLvge.12444$iU.459@lakeread05,
Charles O'Rourke -net wrote:

Hi all -

According to the CNN web site, CNN will be having a program tonight
entitled, "Defending the Skies: The threat small planes and their pilots
pose to security." It's on at 8 PM EDT (on "Paula Zahn NOW"). Should
be interesting to find out how much of a threat we are.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/

should be a short program. :-/

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old May 12th 05, 12:41 AM
Jay Masino

Kev wrote:
In contrast, ABC's website already has a decent editorial by their
resident pilot advisor:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Travel/story?id=748540&page=1

I liked what he had to say.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old May 12th 05, 12:50 AM
gatt

"Charles O'Rourke" -net wrote in message news:OLvge.12444\

According to the CNN web site, CNN will be having a program tonight
entitled, "Defending the Skies: The threat small planes and their pilots
pose to security." It's on at 8 PM EDT (on "Paula Zahn NOW"). Should
be interesting to find out how much of a threat we are.

I better chain my TV down so I don't throw it.

Assuming it wasn't filled with explosives or a dirty bomb, just how much
damage could a Cessna 152 do to a building anyhow.

I have a better idea, given that my brother just reported home alive from
the Syrian border:
"Defending America: The threat that politicians and their policies pose to
security."

-c

Old May 12th 05, 01:25 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Watching this CNN fiasco now... What a joke... This Paula Zahn is a
complete moron.

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:34:21 -0400, Charles O'Rourke
-net wrote:

Hi all -

According to the CNN web site, CNN will be having a program tonight
entitled, "Defending the Skies: The threat small planes and their pilots
pose to security." It's on at 8 PM EDT (on "Paula Zahn NOW"). Should
be interesting to find out how much of a threat we are.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/

Charles.
-N8385U

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com

Old May 12th 05, 01:43 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Yes, I agree.

The piece with the pilot reporter and the interview with Phil Boyer were
pretty fair, IMHO.

I do not ever want to be in the pilot's shoes. I must admit though,
it would be kinda cool to have a couple of F16's off the wings of my
little Cessna. Different circumstances certainly...

Old May 12th 05, 01:48 AM
Icebound

"Mike 'Flyin'8'" wrote in message

I do not ever want to be in the pilot's shoes. I must admit though,
it would be kinda cool to have a couple of F16's off the wings of my
little Cessna.

.....followed by clamors for interviews.....

Is it possible to score a couple of grand, each interview???? Pay for a few
hours of rental???

Old May 12th 05, 01:50 AM
airman

Yeah, but Phil said that when pilots like these guys are rusty about
choosing the appropriate frequency to communicate with F-16s, there are
"400" possible frequencies to pick from. I think he's forgetting that
center knob for setting tenths and hundreds.