Discussion on dealing with future ADIZ Incursions by light A/C

Old May 14th 05, 01:29 AM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 14 May 2005 00:12:14 GMT, "Blueskies"
wrote in
::

BTW, come out to the front range of the Rockies; maneuvering around all the
MOA's is like dodging shoppers in the aisle of a Wal-Mart.

MOAs are shared airspace, right?

Correct. Joint Use is the term. MTRs are also Joint Use, but the
military doesn't seem to know that.
Old May 14th 05, 02:15 AM
George Patterson

Jose wrote:

Cars and trucks entering Manhattan don't have to be on an authorized
flight plan, nor do they have to be tracked after they enter.

No, they have to be searched *before* they enter. In addition, at times, trucks
and vans are subject to random stops in the city. It's playing hell with some of
the businesses who send service techs out (like HVAC installers). The frequency
of these searches depends entirely on the security level, and Manhattan has its
own. With cars, it's more of a random deal on the bridges and in the tunnels.

Perhaps the solution to the ADIZ is to set up search stations outside of DC.
Land, get the plane checked out, get a squawk code, take off again, and go on
through. That's basically what NY is doing with trucks.

George Patterson
"Naked" means you ain't got no clothes on; "nekkid" means you ain't got
no clothes on - and are up to somethin'.
Old May 14th 05, 02:16 AM
Casey Wilson

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:

I honestly believe these last two in that 150 came within a hair's breath
of being shot down. The next one to wander into one of these areas might
not be so lucky!

I've seen photos of Phalanx batteries being installed in the city.
Probably just a matter of time.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.

George, can you point me to a site for these photos? As far as I know,
the Phalanx weapon system was never configured for ground operation, except
for some live range testing conducted at the Naval Air Warfare Center
Weapons Division.

Old May 14th 05, 02:54 AM
George Patterson

Casey Wilson wrote:

George, can you point me to a site for these photos?

Sorry. It was Patriot missile systems (well, it *starts* with "p").

I realized my mistake when someone else posted about them.

Old May 14th 05, 03:17 AM
Kev

I honestly believe these last two in that 150 came within a hair's
breath of
being shot down

You're probably right. Did you read the interview with one of the
fighter pilots?

http://premium.cnn.com/2005/US/05/12/cnna.lehmann/

Whoever chose this fellow wanted someone who'll follow orders.

Old May 14th 05, 04:57 AM
Casey Wilson

Casey Wilson wrote:

George, can you point me to a site for these photos?

Sorry. It was Patriot missile systems (well, it *starts* with "p").

I realized my mistake when someone else posted about them.

George Patterson
"Naked" means you ain't got no clothes on; "nekkid" means you ain't
got
no clothes on - and are up to somethin'.

Simple enough. Thanks, George.

Old May 14th 05, 06:25 AM
Jose

No, [cars and trucks] they have to be searched *before* they enter [Manhattan].

I drive into Manhattan all the time, and I've never been searched or
stopped (except by traffic g). At least they are picking on trucks
more than cars. The FRZ picks on little planes instead of big ones.

Jose
Old May 14th 05, 02:33 PM
Matt Whiting

Kev wrote:

I honestly believe these last two in that 150 came within a hair's

breath of

being shot down

You're probably right. Did you read the interview with one of the
fighter pilots?

http://premium.cnn.com/2005/US/05/12/cnna.lehmann/

Whoever chose this fellow wanted someone who'll follow orders.

I hope that is true of all of the military personnel who are defending
our nation.

Matt