Bike For the Plane?

Old May 14th 05, 02:29 AM

Default Bike For the Plane?

This is an update on the above topic, the last entry of which was in
August, 2004. It appears that the "Reply" option goes away at some
point - thus this was entered as a new topic.

Anyway, I had been on the lookout for a suitable folding bike - and
recently came across one that looked like it would fill the bill. It's
called the Bazooka Navigator, and is a full suspension 21 speed
aluminum folding mountain bike with 26" wheels. I did a Google search
for the best price, and ordered one for $325 plus shipping.

I have had it for a few days now, and so far am quite pleased with it.
The folding mechanism seems solid, and is easy to use. The pedals fold
as well, and there is a neat stowing arrangement (on the frame
downtube) for the handle bars when folded.

I can't tell you about how it fits into a typical airplane yet, because
I and my plane are separated by about 2500 miles at the moment (it does
fit into the trunk of my car nicely, though). Having tried small-wheel
folders, I wouldn't have anything other than a full size bike. If you
are in the market for such a bike, this one is worth checking out
(IMHO). Do a Google search for info.

David Johnson

Old May 14th 05, 04:20 AM
Larry Dighera

On 13 May 2005 18:29:52 -0700, wrote in
. com::

Bazooka Navigator

http://www.earthspirits.net/Merchant...o de=fb_bznav
Full Specs:
Color: Silver or Black
Folded Size: 38"x 29"x 12" (L x H x W) 95cm x 72cm x 30cm
Weight: 31 lbs
Folding Time: 20 seconds (no tooling)
Rider Height: 5'6" - 6'3" (165 CM -192 CM)
Max Rider Weight: 240 lbs. (110 kg.)
Frame: Aluminum Y-Type With Rear Suspension 950PSI
Fork: Zoom CH-327V Suspension
Stem: Promax Adjustable Alloy
Handlebar: Promax Alloy U Type
Grips: Comfort soft
Saddle: Bazooka Sporty
Seat Post: Promax Alloy High Polish
Front Brake: Promax Power V-brake alloy
Rear Brake: Promax Power V-brake alloy
Lever: Promax Power V-brake lever alloy
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Rims: Aluminum
Tires: Kenda 26" x 1.95"
Shifters: Shimano Revo Shifter SL-RS41L/7R
Rear Derailleurs: Shimano FD-TY32A / RD-MR40-7
Crank Set: Cyclone 48x38x28x170 Alloy
Chain: KMC
Hub: Promax
Freewheel: Shimano
Pedals: VP-Next Folding function Right and Left
Kickstand: Black Steel

http://www.ebibikes.com/bazooka.html

http://www.bikemania.biz/ProductDeta...ZOOKANAVIGATOR
$385 free shipping