KRSuper2 info?

Old January 27th 10, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jack Burton

Default KRSuper2 info?

Anyone got any info about this Aircraft or the designer ? how many
people are building them? Ive looked at the website a fair bit, not sure
about it though..

http://www.krsuper2.com/

Cheers
Jack
Old January 27th 10, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Garry O

"Jack Burton" wrote in message
Anyone got any info about this Aircraft or the designer ? how many
people are building them? Ive looked at the website a fair bit, not sure
about it though..

http://www.krsuper2.com/

Cheers
Jack

Don't know if this helps but Mark Langford has a pretty good site on the
building of his. Its a bit old now but the info should still have some
relevance :-)
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/index.html

--
Remember Altitude is more important than Attitude

Old January 28th 10, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead

On Jan 26, 11:36*pm, "Jack Burton" wrote:
Anyone got any info about this Aircraft or the designer ? how many
people are building them? Ive looked at the website a fair bit, not sure
about it though..

http://www.krsuper2.com/

Cheers
Jack

Non of these KR Super 2 aircraft are completed at this time, nor are
any of them reasonably near completion, in a sense the design is
developing along with the build. Most of the information the principle
two builder's are using come's from Mark Langford and his much
modified, enlarged Corvair powered KR2S. Where this design differs is
a greater level of maturity through the use of vacum molding along
with increased fuselage size. Everything is well presented and a
pleasure to read.
One aspect here is it is all open source so you do not have to have to
purchase a set of plans for a KR2S unless you desire to have them to
better understand the devaitions involved. In my opinion the first two
planes will be completed and flown, follow on's or modifications I
couldn't even begin to guess. If you send these fellows an e-mail you
will get a reply, they are regular guy's with the dream to build and
fly.

Joe S
Old January 28th 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Copperhead wrote:
[...]

That's interesting.

I seem to recall the first blush of the S was over 20 years ago...

--

Richard Lamb

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power
to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour...
Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Old January 29th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power
to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour...
Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time. *For the clock may soon be still."- Hide quoted text -

Richard,

We're discussing a KR2S Super here which is almost, yes almost and
entirely different airplane. The cockpit, firewall, wing, length,
everything is larger than the KR2S. In addition it uses vacum molding
for many of its build parts. The KR2S did come out about 20 years ago,
it just never progressed beyond what the builders were doing on their
own. So in a sense here your not wrong, but your not right either. OK
now carry on, have a good evening all...

Joe S.
Old January 29th 10, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Copperhead wrote:
[...]

That's the one I was referring to.

I thought the KR2S first flew in 1970-something.
That's now FORTY years ago...

But I thought I recall seeing a pic of the first Super 2
about 1990.

But I could be wrong on that, of course.

Old January 29th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Copperhead wrote:
[...]

Beats me; but it does look like an interesting airplane--and possibly a more
traditional homebuilder's alternative to the O-235 powered version of the
RV9 and RV9A.

Most aircraft that can be built with a Corvair mill can also by built with
O-200, O-235, Rotax-912, Jabiru-3300 and a number of liquid cooled
conversions; so it could open a few added possbilitiies in addition to the
obvious of: more build and less kit.

It would be nice if it helps to breath a little life back into homebuildig.

Peter

Old February 11th 18, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

My friend and I have been building two of them. We have been tied up on life issues the last 2 to 3 years but are getting back on it. I just started a facebook page for builders. https://www.facebook.com/groups/203270257077751/

OT Info on GPU ABLE1 Piloting 0 February 5th 09 04:29 AM
More info about LEX JohnWayne Instrument Flight Rules 15 September 3rd 06 05:23 PM
Info bruce About AviationBanter 0 September 14th 05 11:30 AM
POSA Carb Info and HAPI Engine Info Bill Home Built 0 March 8th 04 09:23 PM
Starting new info site need info from the pros MRQB Piloting 7 January 5th 04 04:20 AM