In search of drier trailers

Old March 29th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default In search of drier trailers

I have a box trailer with an aluminium skin. It keeps the glider pretty
dry, but in condensing conditions I do sometimes notice that the glider
skin feels damp first thing in the morning. I'd really like to prevent
this if possible. The main possibilities seem to be:

- fit passive ventilators
- fit a solar powered ventilator: the type with a built-in solar panel.
- line the trailer with a sheet of 2-3mm foam plastic of the type sold
as wall paper under layer.

An externally powered ventilator isn't on because my trailer is parked
over 100m from any power supply. I'm also based in the UK, so how
effective would a solar ventilator with integral solar cell be in our
somewhat damp and cloudy climate?

How effective are any of these solutions?

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old March 30th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

On Mar 29, 6:14*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
[...]

The solar vent is what we use in the soggy SE US. The vent only comes
on when the weather is dry, rather than sucking in the soggy weather.
I suppose the best is to be indoors where there is some kind of
climate
control but that's not in the cards for most of us.

-- Matt
Old March 30th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

open trailers [email protected] Soaring 1 December 5th 06 04:41 PM
F/S: Pik-20 and PW-5 trailers DB Soaring 0 August 9th 05 02:44 PM
Looking for pics. of a/c on trailers mhorowit Home Built 0 August 4th 05 02:42 PM
Trailers Don Johnstone Soaring 2 July 13th 05 09:30 PM
Pic trailers culverflyer Soaring 1 May 5th 04 01:37 AM