Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye

Old May 2nd 05, 09:14 AM
Roger

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:07:29 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

Its been fun but I am leaving all usenet group's maby see you all at a
fly-in or two over the years

How will you recognize us?

We're all the ones with computer keyboards stuck to our hands and a
mouse cord hanging out of a pocket.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old May 2nd 05, 09:56 AM
gregg

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Terri Schiavo's Feeding Tube wrote:
That would be it for me. Lost the medical years ago. That's the reason I
became a consultant :-)

You're not a Pilot any more. you are a FAILURE. If you were a pilot,
you'd still be flying.

****ing loser.

Apt signature....

*snicker* ;^)

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm

Old May 2nd 05, 11:15 AM
Cub Driver

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:17:09 -0600, RomeoMike
wrote:

I know you are what you say you are, but who is or isn't in the
database? You retired before a cutoff? When was that? My father and
uncle are in the database, and both quit flying in the 1950's or early
60's, and my father died in 1976. I'm not challenging you, just curious
how the database is made up. I always thought all pilots were listed
unless they chose to opt out.

During the campaign there was a lot of hoo-hah about the president's
flying, so I looked him up in the FAA database. As I recall, he had a
single and twin certificate, but no current medical, and his address
was: unknown! I believe he last flew in the early 1970s.

However, this is the government, after all. It has been known to make
the occasional mistake.

I looked up the database yesterday, and it wasn't working at the time.
(Hey, it's the government!) But the introductory pages noted that
anyone who wanted could block his entry from being displayed.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com
Old May 2nd 05, 11:17 AM
Cub Driver

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:40:24 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
dhenriques@noware .net wrote:

Just be advised that although I will supply you with the certificate
numbers, your lack of trust in my word that they exist without seeing them
will be the last time I have any contact with you.

Holy smoke!

Old May 2nd 05, 11:22 AM
Matt Whiting

Terri Schiavo's Feeding Tube wrote:
In article . net,
"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote:

That would be it for me. Lost the medical years ago. That's the reason I
became a consultant :-)

You're not a Pilot any more. you are a FAILURE. If you were a pilot,
you'd still be flying.

We'll all lose our medicals at some point. Doesn't mean we're not
pilots anymore.

****ing loser.

You aren't a loser until you resort to name calling.

Matt
Old May 2nd 05, 11:23 AM
Matt Whiting

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:

It actually takes years for people to disappear from the DB after they
lose a medical, but they go away after a while.

That would be it for me. Lost the medical years ago. That's the reason I
became a consultant :-)

I lost my medical back in 1990 and at some point after that disappeared from the
registry, despite the old saw about being licensed for life. When I got my
medical back last month, I miraculously reappeared in the registry.

Being in a computer database doesn't make you a pilot! :-)

Fifteen years ago I was a pilot, and now I are one again. G

Congratulations!

Matt
Old May 2nd 05, 11:25 AM
Matt Whiting

Dudley Henriques wrote:

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
m...

Dudley Henriques wrote:

It actually takes years for people to disappear from the DB after they
lose a medical, but they go away after a while.

That would be it for me. Lost the medical years ago. That's the reason I
became a consultant :-)

I lost my medical back in 1990 and at some point after that disappeared
from the registry, despite the old saw about being licensed for life.
When I got my medical back last month, I miraculously reappeared in the
registry.

Fifteen years ago I was a pilot, and now I are one again. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Actually, my curiosity has been piqued by all this nonsense being thrown
out here about not being on a data base. I've given the numbers back channel
to a select few friends on the group to research and see if they can find
out the exact reason why someone.....anyone...would appear or not appear on
the data bases.

It will be interesting to know, but I'm guessing the intent is to have
only "active" pilots listed, i.e., those with current medicals. I know
that they only send the safety seminar information to those with active
medicals. I let mine lapse due to being too busy to fly a few years
ago, and I stopped getting the notices. When I inquired as to why, I
was told that they sent those only to people with current medicals.
Sure enough, I took my physical and they resumed again.

Matt
Old May 2nd 05, 01:13 PM
OtisWinslow

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

Pete, You struck the nail on the head I have better things to do with my
time.

Wow .. even better than talking to your flying buddies here? I don't
know what to say .. I don't do rejection well.

Old May 2nd 05, 01:19 PM
OtisWinslow

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
houstondan wrote:

I think the person who turned him in to the FSDO,

I was just teasing .. honest .. I didn't turn him in.

Old May 2nd 05, 01:39 PM
OtisWinslow

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message
ink.net...

You ****ing Usenet idiots would make me sick if you weren't so pathetic!
:-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

Dudley ..

Why do you waste your time on a Usenet troll? This kid's probably about
14 and using daddy's computer to jerk people around when he should
be doing his jr high homework.

I think he should put up or shut up and deposit his 10 grand instead of
running his mouth off. Unless he's too chicken **** to back up his
loose mouth. Anyone who's been around a few years with
even a remote knowledge of aviation knows who you are.

OW