US team silence

Old July 21st 18, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Default US team silence

In the entire club, 15, and standard WGC, the US team posted a grand total of two pilot reports about what was going on

https://ussoaringteams.org/#news

Clearly there were lots of lessons learned here!

US team: you want our support. You want our money. You want our volunteer time. And yet you can't be bothered to post any news at all about the contest. Take a look at any of your competitors -- the UK team is a good example. If you're too tired to write, at least post a 30 second video of the story of the day!

John Cochrane BB
Old July 21st 18, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 2:42:01 PM UTC-4, John Cochrane wrote:
In the entire club, 15, and standard WGC, the US team posted a grand total of two pilot reports about what was going on

https://ussoaringteams.org/#news

Clearly there were lots of lessons learned here!

US team: you want our support. You want our money. You want our volunteer time. And yet you can't be bothered to post any news at all about the contest. Take a look at any of your competitors -- the UK team is a good example. If you're too tired to write, at least post a 30 second video of the story of the day!

John Cochrane BB

First of all, congratulations to Jim Lee for excellent result, way to go!

In regards to reporting, I am no longer surprised.
Old July 22nd 18, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

They're all over Facebook...
Old July 22nd 18, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Yea plenty posted on Facebook. Youve been there done that John, there's plenty of other things for the pilots and crews to do besides writing reports.
Old July 22nd 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

HELLO MATES WE ARE LEGIT !!!!
You suffering from Cancer? Insomnia? Nausea? Pain? Anxiety? Neuropathy? Or just have the need to get high?
Medical pills and 420 delivery service professional and discreet. Your choice of Quick & Reliable. Best Top Shelf Quality Always have New Stocks
Pleas contact at +1(469) 772-0415 and Email at
Old July 23rd 18, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 12:19:34 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Yea plenty posted on Facebook. Youve been there done that John, there's plenty of other things for the pilots and crews to do besides writing reports.

I believe John has a valid point.
The Team asks for support, and does give back in several ways.
That said, it is not unreasonable to expect a short note telling supporters what went on. At the 2 WGC events we flew in, my wife Dianne would gather input at our group breakfast, or dinner the night before, and write a report while we got ready to fly. She was also busy- manager at Gawler and manager/captain at Musbach.
She made it a priority as it should be.
Our teams need to do better at communicating with our supporters and fans. It needs to be on our centralized site so all can find it.
Well done Jim! You were very much in the game.
UH
Old July 23rd 18, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Juanman[_2_]

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:43:56 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Whenever John Good crews at a Worlds he sends great reports. It can be done.. Pete Alexander has already started from Czech Republic.
Old July 22nd 18, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 5:36:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
They're all over Facebook...

Strange as it may seem, some of us do not have a Facebook account, and are not likely to in this lifetime.
Old July 22nd 18, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10:21:46 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 5:36:46 PM UTC-7, wrote:
They're all over Facebook...

Strange as it may seem, some of us do not have a Facebook account, and are not likely to in this lifetime.

I am not a big fan of the pervasive data mining of FB either. Any FB post should easily be posted to the team blog also...?
Old July 26th 18, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 8:36:46 PM UTC-4, wrote:
They're all over Facebook...

Facebook is for giggly girls and Russians.
Real men don't look at it.

Anti-War Up - A time to break the silence Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. Piloting 3 June 1st 10 09:36 AM
silence Ed Aerobatics 0 November 9th 09 10:32 PM
A Moment of Silence. plasticguy Soaring 0 October 27th 04 06:43 PM
Radio Silence and Death over Frankfort ArtKramr Military Aviation 14 February 11th 04 08:46 PM
Moment of silence AZSKYBUM Soaring 0 December 23rd 03 04:57 AM