LS-10 at the worlds. Why only ONE?

Old August 9th 10, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Bojack[_2_]

Default LS-10 at the worlds. Why only ONE?

With all the non-partial mention of everyone's favorite gliders, I'd like
to be the first to mention the LS-10 finished 'almost' in the top ten,
also.....along with many JS-1's (there were 6 of 'em flying, and only one
LS-10.......statistics anyone???) Also, it was consistently in the top
10 until the last day......SO,

why weren't there more of the LS-10's used at the worlds?

Smart-ass answers and biased brand-loyalty answers really not needed.....

Bojack J4

Old August 9th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

I wonder if DG/LS doesn't push their gliders to top pilots as
Schleicher, S-H, and now the Jonker Brothers might? (Assuming these
three mentioned factories do and can provide gliders to top pilots?)

Maybe if DG/LS would have offered their Ten to pilots with
distinction, then maybe there would have been more at the top of the
score sheet?

Yea, I know. Lot's of "ifs" and "maybes"

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old August 9th 10, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Am 09.08.10 03:31, schrieb rlovinggood:
I wonder if DG/LS doesn't push their gliders to top pilots as
Schleicher, S-H, and now the Jonker Brothers might?

DG delivers its gliders strictly on a first come, first serves basis.
That said, I don't know how many LS10s have been built until now.

Francois at the Worlds cfinn Soaring 0 July 16th 08 12:42 AM
Re Worlds 1st Jonathon May Soaring 1 February 16th 08 10:29 AM
Worlds first? nimbusgb Soaring 4 February 15th 08 02:05 AM
pre worlds BB Soaring 5 July 29th 07 01:59 AM
Rick Waters' second day win at Pre-Worlds Ed Hollestelle Soaring 0 July 16th 07 11:40 PM