Missed anniversary (Damn!)

Old November 20th 04, 04:16 PM

Default Missed anniversary (Damn!)

Somehow the date of 11/11 has slipped by without my noting it, and
celebrating appropriately, that date marking three years since the
last time my foot stepped into a cockpit, also the last time my wallet
was totally empty.

HOWEVER, not being one too proud to celebrate later rather than never,
today I will dump appropriate amounts of money at the local hobby
shop, buying two HO scale kits of gliderports. Unfortunately a german
gliderport is going to look like hell transplanted into a northern
californee logging operation that has already been transplanted to
central Wisconisn, but I think I can struggle with it. As this
railroad is already owned by two itallians, (DeCrepit and DeRayled)
and a dutchman (DeFunct) The two kits will be combined into one, and
in honor of the fact that we do see rain in the summers, the operation
will probably be owned by an englishman, (Muddie). Appropriate groups
of glider pilots can be represented with "Boxcar Willie" complete with
his bottle, shaped with a heat gun into appropriate positions. Muddie
Aviation, located along the DD&D RR, just a short hike from the down
of Drunken Holler.

Haven't had this much fun since I threw my old mans six pac into the
south fork of the Eel river.

(How's come the only HO scale aircraft kits available are german?
(Their engineering may be wonderful, but their HO scale kits suck, big
time.))

(It's my world, I'll do what I bloody want to with it.)
Old November 20th 04, 11:31 PM

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:32:31 -0700, Shawn

Somehow the date of 11/11 has slipped by without my noting it, and
celebrating appropriately, that date marking three years since the
last time my foot stepped into a cockpit, also the last time my wallet
was totally empty.

Snip typical Lennie

(It's my world, I'll do what I bloody want to with it.)

Do you ever blow up the bridges or stage train crashes like Uncle Fester?

Haven't figured out how to do that and make it repeatable yet. Gimme
time, closest I've come is the german loco with the blown boiler that
was used to run the "Whisky Run sawmill." (Until it blew, now sawmill
is RIP.{Rusting in pieces}) Somehow, I'd like to work Lonesome
Polecat and Earthquake McGoon in there too. Somehow HO scale mules
dont fit to give body to the Kickapoo Joy Juice. The valley of the
Shmoon still remains to be worked in too. Greek temples in Indian
villages, you know, everything perfectly logical.

(ASW gliders in a 1960's setting?) Only the west end of the runway
will be shown, including the high rock cliff at the end. (Don't land
long.)
Old November 21st 04, 06:09 AM
Lennie the Lurker

"gary boggs" wrote in message ...
I wonder what enjoyment someone gets from actively not enjoying what we
enjoy so much? Some people are sure funny.

The full feeling in my wallet? The thought of actually seeing rather
than imagining the sight of glider rear ends, and other rear ends
sticking out of a rock wall? The sight of a tractor running over a
wing and knowing it only cost me three bucks? The thought that I've
got the three bucks?

But gary, I've been pretty quiet, and if a certain talentless
cartoonist wannabe that put his own name in his own killfile had kept
his mouth shut, you wouldn't be reading what I'm doing. I doubt that
any glider person would find humor in what I'm building, but that's
their anality. And those loud checkered jackets that I've seen on the
german machine salesmen are going to be an absolute bitch to paint.

Never said I didn't enjoy it, I said it wasn't worth the cost.
Old November 21st 04, 06:32 AM
BTIZ

and I'm getting ready to celebrate the 30th anniversary of my first check
ride..

I'm tow pilot that day... maybe I'll give everyone a free tow..
or bring the keg to the "after flying party"...

so many ideas..

BT

Old November 21st 04, 04:42 PM
Lennie the Lurker

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:5MVnd.115639$bk1.73441@fed1read05...
and I'm getting ready to celebrate the 30th anniversary of my first check
ride..

I'm tow pilot that day... maybe I'll give everyone a free tow..

Have fun.

or bring the keg to the "after flying party"...

I don't give poisons to my friends.

so many ideas..

IF people are going to be driving, I don't think that last one is a good one.
Old November 22nd 04, 12:03 AM
BTIZ

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
om...
"BTIZ" wrote in message
and I'm getting ready to celebrate the 30th anniversary of my first check
ride..

I'm tow pilot that day... maybe I'll give everyone a free tow..

Have fun.

always do.. regardless of which end of the rope I'm on

or bring the keg to the "after flying party"...

I don't give poisons to my friends.

you have friends?

so many ideas..

IF people are going to be driving, I don't think that last one is a good
one.

well... obviously.. your "Friends" don't know how to be responsible or use
designated drivers..

Old November 22nd 04, 01:26 AM

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:03:41 -0800, "BTIZ"
wrote:

I don't give poisons to my friends.

you have friends?

Yes, none in soaring however. A few aquaintances that can be ignored
99.9% of the time. I think there's one glider pilot here in town, out
of some 9000 people, and I don't see her either.

so many ideas..

IF people are going to be driving, I don't think that last one is a good
one.

well... obviously.. your "Friends" don't know how to be responsible or use
designated drivers..

Once you've had half a glass of beer or other rotten slop,
irresponsible is getting behind the wheel. For a long time, I was the
designated driver, now they can screw themselves and walk. None of
those I call friends drink either. I think I'll keep it that way.