Canadian Approach charts

Old July 6th 05, 08:08 AM
Chris

Default Canadian Approach charts

is there an internet site equivalent to the NACO where one can down load
approach plates and airfield details for Canada especially for lower
Ontario?

Chris

Old July 6th 05, 01:13 PM

Chris wrote:

is there an internet site equivalent to the NACO where one can down load
approach plates and airfield details for Canada especially for lower
Ontario?

Chris

No, you have to buy them. They are copyrighted.

Old July 8th 05, 09:05 PM
Robert M. Gary

Too bad. Last year I was able to download them. Something must have
changed.

Old July 8th 05, 09:10 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Robert M. Gary" said:
Too bad. Last year I was able to download them. Something must have
changed.

The only place you could download Canadian approach charts was from the
nga.mil site, which didn't have actual Canadian charts, but ones made by
the US military for (a few) Canadian airports.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
One could teach a child to Google but one _still_ should
Old July 9th 05, 12:10 AM
Chris

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Robert M. Gary" said:
Too bad. Last year I was able to download them. Something must have
changed.

The only place you could download Canadian approach charts was from the
nga.mil site, which didn't have actual Canadian charts, but ones made by
the US military for (a few) Canadian airports.

where can I buy such charts from in the USA

Old July 9th 05, 01:07 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Chris" said:
where can I buy such charts from in the USA

You want to buy real Canadian Approach charts? If you just want one or
two, you should probably just buy them from Sportys. If you're going to
be flying to Canada regularly, you can subscribe to them from NavCanada.
I get a year's worth of CFS (Canada Flight Supplement - like an A/FD for
the whole country), CAP-4 (Canadian Approach Plates for Ontario), and
LO-11/12 (Low Altitude Enroute for Ontario) for just a hair over $200 a
year (which is less than half of what they'd cost from Sportys), and
they're all delivered promptly just before the old ones expire.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I've never understood why women douse themselves with things that are alleged
Old July 17th 05, 11:26 PM
Andrew Sarangan

I don't think they were ever freely available. The cheapest place to get
them is http://www.vippilot.com/. Sportys sells them too, but they are more
expensive.

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:1120853116.432808.24060
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: