Rainbow Air -- KLGB, California

Old July 17th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Casey Wilson[_1_]

Default Rainbow Air -- KLGB, California

Anybody have any comments about this organization?

Old July 17th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tobias Schnell

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:52:31 GMT, "Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com
wrote:

Hi,

Anybody have any comments about this organization?

I did my instrument training at LGB in June 2005. The school (ACF -
Angel City Flyers) did not operate own airplanes at that time, so my
training was on Rainbow planes. These were OK, although somewhat
shabby on the interior for their age (I only flew on new C172SPs). One
of them had a TC that sometimes flagged OFF in flight, a problem they
were unable to fix during the two weeks I spent there.

Availability of aircraft and instructors seemed to be quite good and
compared to the other outfits on the field the prices were reasonable.
A major part of their business was obviously helicopter training for
Asian students.

Tobias