Ilec SN10 question

Old May 29th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Ferguson

Default Ilec SN10 question

I've noticed on my SN10 that the final glide height
needed is excessive. I'm comparing it to GNII driven
by a 302A. The GN setup is faultless and the SN10 can
demand twice the height needed as calc by GNII.

When I flew on Saturday, the Ilec needed around 8000
ft and GN said 4500 feet, GN was correct. Roughly 45
K glide, Ventus C.

I remembered to set the wind on the Ilec, distances
looked right, winds on Ilec and GN agreed.

Any ideas ?

John

Old May 29th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck

You didn't mention MacReady, wind, safety altitude and field altitude.

Old May 29th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Did it work properly and then malfunction lately?
Maybe a dumb question but---right polar? Bugs Zero?

--
Hartley Falbaum

Old May 29th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 28, 6:21 pm, John Ferguson
. co.uk wrote:
I've noticed on my SN10 that the final glide height
needed is excessive. I'm comparing it to GNII driven
by a 302A. The GN setup is faultless and the SN10 can
demand twice the height needed as calc by GNII.

When I flew on Saturday, the Ilec needed around 8000
ft and GN said 4500 feet, GN was correct. Roughly 45
K glide, Ventus C.

I remembered to set the wind on the Ilec, distances
looked right, winds on Ilec and GN agreed.

Any ideas ?

John

Well, something is set incorrectly somewhere !
Review the settings for:
- polar (correct glider and your personal dry gross weight)
- FIN finish altitude setting
- bugs/water

Let us know if you find what's set wrong; if you can't shoot
me an email with contact phone/time and I'll try help you
(currently flying my Antares at the Open Nats but the weather
looks dubious)...

Best Regards, Dave "YO"