basic/advanced ground instructor

Old April 28th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Default basic/advanced ground instructor

Debating whether to take the exams since I just passed the CFI written.
Do many people actually use the AGI these days outside of established
flight schools and other large operations?

-c
Old April 28th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

If you're working toward your CFI certificate, the AGI can be a great tool
to help you learn while you legitimately give ground instruction. Use the
AGI to develop your CFI skills.
Jim

news:6KGdnaNTDpQ4movVnZ2dnUVZ_tSknZ2d@integraonlin e...

Old April 28th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 28, 12:21*pm, gatt wrote:
Debating whether to take the exams since I just passed the CFI written.
* Do many people actually use the AGI these days outside of established
flight schools and other large operations?

-c

I always use my AGI to sign off for written exams. That way I need
not keep all the documentation required when signing off as a CFI, CFI-
Old April 28th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
bobmrg

On Apr 28, 10:21*am, gatt wrote:
Debating whether to take the exams since I just passed the CFI written.
* Do many people actually use the AGI these days outside of established
flight schools and other large operations?

-c

If you ever aspire to becoming a Gold Seal Instructor, you'll need the
AGI.

Bob Gardner
Old April 28th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 28, 10:21*am, gatt wrote:
Debating whether to take the exams since I just passed the CFI written.
* Do many people actually use the AGI these days outside of established
flight schools and other large operations?

-c

I can't think of a single reason to take the basic ground instructor
test. The AGI is nice because it allows you to sign off test for
aircraft that you are not certified for (helicopters, etc).

-Robert, CFII, AGI
Old April 28th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 28, 10:21*am, gatt wrote:
Debating whether to take the exams since I just passed the CFI written.
* Do many people actually use the AGI these days outside of established
flight schools and other large operations?

-c

Taking the AGI means you do not need to show your FOI to your CFII DE/
PI (in fact you can't because the FSDO will take it from you when they
issue your AGI). You show your AGI certificate instead of the FOI.

-Robert
Old April 28th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

bobmrg wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:21 am, gatt wrote:

If you ever aspire to becoming a Gold Seal Instructor, you'll need the
AGI.

Bob Gardner

Thanks for the information. I was afraid a bunch of people were going
to say "No way. I got mine and it was a total waste of money." (Still
bruised from the Cisco CCNA exams.)

By the way, I was perusing the shelves at Powell's Books in Portland
last night and noticed the remaining copies of "Say Again, Please" are
gone. I picked up one about a month ago and I can't remember if there
was one or two left, but, they're gone now!

-Chris

Old April 28th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

wrote in message

I always use my AGI to sign off for written exams. That way I need
not keep all the documentation required when signing off as a CFI, CFI-

Give that guy a cigar! That is exactly why many CFIs keep a ground
certificate.

That said, I was not quite savvy enough to apply for my ground instructor
certificate while I was working on my CFI. Now, years later, what do I have to
do to get the certificate? Just a written? ...or is it a written and oral?

Vaughn

Old April 29th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Buttman wrote in
:

gatt wrote:

Thanks for the information. I was afraid a bunch of people were
going to say "No way. I got mine and it was a total waste of money."

It depends on what your definition of "waste of money" is.

Someone paying buttman for information.

Bertie
Old April 29th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Buttman wrote in news:48165a12$0$31739
:

Vaughn Simon wrote:

wrote in message

56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...

I always use my AGI to sign off for written exams. That way I need
not keep all the documentation required when signing off as a CFI,

CFI-

Give that guy a cigar! That is exactly why many CFIs keep a

ground
certificate.

That said, I was not quite savvy enough to apply for my ground
instructor
certificate while I was working on my CFI. Now, years later, what do

have to
do to get the certificate? Just a written? ...or is it a written

and
oral?

Vaughn

The first thing you must do is learn how to read the FARs. (hint:

61.213)

Bwawhahwhahwhaqhwhahhwhahw!

How about . 91.13 -

Bertie