Help With My training

Old May 6th 08, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig[_2_]

Default Help With My training

Noman, I don't mean to be ungrateful but you must be foreign with all
that PGP stuff. I am an American flyer. Not sure how to take your
adice.

Nomen Nescio was thinking very hard :
Wait until you've done an intense hour of touch & go's, get in you car to
drive
home, accelerate through about 40-45 mph, and realize that you're starting
to apply back pressure to the steering wheel.

Old May 6th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

On May 6, 8:00*pm, Gezellig wrote:
explained on 5/5/2008 :

* * * * * Seven Learning Factors taught to new instructors. The first
one is Primacy, which says that first iimpressions are the strongest.
The first few taxis with the hand on the leg will establish a lifelong
habit.
* * * *We teach controls for wind right off. Student needs to get it
right the first time.

Da, this is what I found out after a few more taxis/TO.

* * * * Wingflap's suggestion of putting pressure on both rudder
pedals is another bad idea. Nervous students already stand on them,
and they'll only put more pressure on them if told to do so. I see
worn-out rudder control system parts from just that, since in most
lightplanes that tension is transmitted down both cables to the rudder
horn itself. Rudder hinges, clevis bolts and their holes, pulleys and
cables, rudder bars and pedals, all wear much faster than usual if
they're under constant tension. And the pushback on the seat wears all
that stuff out, too. Takes time, but it does wear.

I think WingFlaps meant well but my CFI gave me the once over when I
suggested Wingflaps ideas.

Your CFI obviously went to the Dan school of flying. That's a pity
because correct rudder bar technique involves putting -light-
pressure on the rudder bar as I described. As stated in the FAA flight
guide
(http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...andbook/media/
faa-h-8083-3a-2of7.pdf):

"When using the rudder pedals, pressure should be
applied smoothly and evenly by pressing with the ball
of one foot. Since the rudder pedals are interconnected,
and act in opposite directions, when pressure is applied
to one pedal, pressure on the other must be relaxed proportionately.
When the rudder pedal must be moved
significantly, heavy pressure changes should be made
by applying the pressure with the ball of the foot while
the heels slide along the cockpit floor. Remember, the
ball of each foot must rest comfortably on the rudder
pedals so that even slight pressure changes can be felt."

I have found that without maintaining light pressure to keep your feet
in contact with the bar you can't hold a straight course -especially
while instrument flying. Just one more point, if you are worried about
aircraft wear, constantly tapping pedals is much worse than
maintaining smooth light pressure...

Hope this helps, and no it's not a troll..

Cheers
Old May 6th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Lou

Hope this helps, and no it's not a troll..

Cheers

Na, as far as I'm concerned, Wingflaps is not a troll. But you have to
hand
it to him, he keeps his eyes open for them. I'm sure the trolls will
be next.
Lou
Old May 6th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Hix

In article , Gezellig
wrote:
Nomen Nescio was thinking very hard :
Wait until you've done an intense hour of touch & go's, get in you car to
drive
home, accelerate through about 40-45 mph, and realize that you're starting
to apply back pressure to the steering wheel.

Noman, I don't mean to be ungrateful but you must be foreign with all
that PGP stuff. I am an American flyer. Not sure how to take your
adice.

The PGP section isn't a graphic or anything similar, it's just a way for
someone who cared enough to verify that the signature is from who it
says it is. (Pretty Good Privacy).

PGP also offers things like pretty good encryption (good enough that
governments tend to freak out about it off and on) for your data and
documents and communications and so on.

Now, if he was going on about "bumps and circuits" instead of "touch and
go's", we might start to wonder...
Old May 6th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Hix

Nomen Nescio was thinking very hard :
Wait until you've done an intense hour of touch & go's, get in you car to
drive
home, accelerate through about 40-45 mph, and realize that you're starting
to apply back pressure to the steering wheel.

Something similar happened to several American POWs after their release
from North VN.

A Colorado car dealer gave those from that state a Corvette, each.

Within less than a year, they'd all managed to damage them, to a greater
or lesser degree.

In one case, one of them was driving through an intersection, when
trying to avoid hitting someone who had blown through a red light,
pulled back hard on the steering wheel to avoid a crash.

Well, the last vehicles they'd operated were jet fighters, and none of
them had driven much at all for several years.

Training [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 12th 05 02:04 PM
Training [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 August 11th 05 02:10 AM
Training Ruski Soaring 4 August 1st 05 11:48 PM
Training Q - Is this appropriate Jules Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 6th 04 05:57 AM
Yak 52 Training gpa Aerobatics 0 November 10th 03 06:15 AM