Laser dazzles helo: I was just having a bit of a laugh.

Old May 7th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Laser dazzles helo: I was just having a bit of a laugh.

Are they going to through the book at this jerk, or what?

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#197777
Laser Prankster Nabbed By Victim, A Pilot

Hit twice on the same night by a laser beam, Mark Westwood, a
helicopter pilot for the British police, found justice ... and the
man responsible. Westwood was momentarily blinded by the beam, but
kept control of his helicopter and turned his thermal imaging
camera on the culprit.

http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/ne...am_pra nkster
Helicopter pilot 'blinded’ by laser beam prankster
by Jennifer Williams
30/ 4/2008

A HEATON Norris man endangered the lives of a police helicopter
pilot, his fellow officers and people on the ground by temporarily
blinding him with a laser beam.

Dean Bottomley, 20, of Larwood Avenue, was playing around with a
high-powered green laser at home when he pointed it directly at a
police chopper flying overhead.

Stockport magistrates heard on Monday that the incident on
Wednesday, April 16, put the lives of those on board the aircraft
at risk. Lynn Rogers, prosecuting, said police pilot Mark Westwood
had been flying over Brinnington at about 1am when he was suddenly
blinded by a light.

She said: "The helicopter cockpit was filled with a dazzling green
light so bright it made it impossible to see anything outside the
aircraft. In effect this caused temporary blindness." ...

Stuart Thompson, defending, said Bottomley was aware of the
seriousness of his actions and realised he was endangering the
safety of the pilot. He said the defendant had made a full
admission at the first possible opportunity, and had only one
previous conviction, for taking a vehicle without consent.

Mr Thompson added: "He does regret his actions and knows that what
he did was very stupid."

Bottomley pleaded guity to reckless actions likely to endanger an
aircraft.

Sentencing will take place at Manchester Minshull Street Crown
Court on Friday, June 6.

Click the link above for access to the video.

http://www.pointniner.com/2008/05/th...-pointing.html
Thermal Imaging Rats Out Laser Pointing Man
Bottomley admitted to pointing the laser and said he was just
having a laugh according to the Mirror UK. For for having "a
laugh" Bottomley is facing up to 5 years in jail ...

Old May 8th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Are they going to through the book at this jerk, or what?

I sure hope so. Although throwing it might be more appropriate...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old May 8th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:uJrUj.154245
$yE1.99323@attbi_s21:

Are they going to through the book at this jerk, or what?

I sure hope so. Although throwing it might be more appropriate...

;-)

You;'re a netkkkop;s netkkkop.

Bertie

Then you must be a netkop's, netkop's, netcop.

Duh, duh, duh, duhmass.

Old May 8th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:PUBUj.5948$1M1.4144
@newsfe23.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:uJrUj.154245
$yE1.99323@attbi_s21:

Are they going to through the book at this jerk, or what?

I sure hope so. Although throwing it might be more appropriate...

;-)

You;'re a netkkkop;s netkkkop.

Bertie

Then you must be a netkop's, netkop's, netcop.

Yes, I'm sure that makes sense to you, heroine boi.

Duh, duh, duh, duhmass.

if you only knew.

Bertie

Old May 8th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On May 8, 9:12 am, Larry Dighera wrote:

Thermal Imaging Rats Out Laser Pointing Man
Bottomley admitted to pointing the laser and said he was just
having a laugh according to the Mirror UK. For for having "a
laugh" Bottomley is facing up to 5 years in jail ...

Take him to 5000 feet and send him skydiving without a canopy.
See if he laughs at that

Wanna laugh your ass off? Miami has a NEW control tower!!! bob Piloting 15 June 16th 06 02:46 PM
need a laugh Mal Soaring 0 December 14th 05 12:17 AM
Laser 200 B. Jensen Aviation Marketplace 0 July 24th 05 08:49 PM
WOODWARD , Laugh,s all the way to the Bank T Bird Naval Aviation 0 April 25th 04 11:46 AM
FA: Rod Machado Laugh & Learn tapes microgerm Aviation Marketplace 0 April 25th 04 12:42 AM