I've had it.

Old June 6th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Default I've had it.

on 6/6/2008 2:39 PM gatt said the following:
Usenet has pretty much become an anarchic wasteland.

Nothing new about that...

difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

--Gene Spafford, 1992
Old June 6th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 6/6/2008 4:07 PM B A R R Y said the following:
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:13:59 -0400, "Blueskies"
wrote:

That is the reason for Web 2.0...

Usenet isn't the Web.

It didn't even originate on the internet.
Old June 6th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Burns[_2_]

Aren't lesson plans fun? Don't take them lightly. You will learn a lot,
not only about aviation, but about teaching and about yourself as a teacher.
The time spent developing your own set of lesson plans is time very well
spent.
Jim

Old June 7th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blueskies

"B A R R Y" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:13:59 -0400, "Blueskies"
wrote:

That is the reason for Web 2.0...

Usenet isn't the Web.

True too, but the traceability and personal responsibility parts are the same. When folks use their real name they do
tend to act different...

Old June 7th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blueskies

"gatt" wrote in message . ..

Yeah. I suppose Bob has already left the building, but, you're right.
Right now I'm taking a break from writing CFI lesson plans, and all over
my desk I have the sources I've been using and referencing:

1. Aviation Instructor's Handbook, FAA-8083-9
2. Airplane Flying Handbook, FAA-8083-3A
3. ASA CFI Test Prep
4. 2008 FAR/AIM
5. Sporty's Training Course Outline
6. "The Flight Instructor's Manual" by William Kershner and
7. "Say Again Please - Guide to Radio Communications by Bob Gardner.

-C. Gattman
CP-ASEL-IA-AGI - CFI Candidate - Sim Geek - Student Pilot

Hey, post some of your plans...I'd like to see one

Old June 7th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_5_]

Jim Burns wrote:
Aren't lesson plans fun? Don't take them lightly. You will learn a lot,
not only about aviation, but about teaching and about yourself as a teacher.
The time spent developing your own set of lesson plans is time very well
spent.
Jim

I made my own template based on the FOI examples and referred to the
Sporty's training course plans for sequencing. I'd rather use a
documented structure than have my first students be guinea pigs to my
own ideas about how to teach.

Modified the Sporty's sequencing quite a bit to cover the special
emphasis areas and because the FBO I'll be working out of is at a
towered airport underlying a Class C shelf. A student starting there
will need to know about radio communications, towered airport operations
and airspace rules much earlier than somebody flying out of a rural
untowered airport.

I referred to Kershner and Gardner for individual lessons on maneuvers,
radio communications, etc. which is what I'm finishing up now. It seems
a little tedious at first but once the template is done it goes pretty
fast. Reseaching concepts, organizing bullet points and visuals, and
finding ways of explaining things has been -much- more beneficial than
sitting in a ground school lecture or plodding through a textbook.

-c
Went up with Steven (NWPilot) in his C-150 last Saturday and did
"falling leaf" stalls. That was a blast.
Old June 7th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

B A R R Y wrote:
I "mark all read", without reading anything, much more than I would
like to. 99% of the messages are two feuding pedantics and one simmer
with issues.

I am skipping over quite a few posts myself - but I'm afraid I have helped
contribute to the noise problem by responding to a few of the feuding
parties.

The sad part is that I *like* unmoderated forums, and prefer
newsreaders over web forums. Many web forums use software that is
such a pain to follow, I never go back more than a few times.

Agreed on the web forum software - most of the sites in question use the
same software, alas. Its mechanism for threading makes browsing multiple
threads painful.
Old June 7th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"gatt" wrote in message
. ..

I referred to Kershner and Gardner for individual lessons on maneuvers,
radio communications, etc. which is what I'm finishing up now. It seems a
little tedious at first but once the template is done it goes pretty fast.
Reseaching concepts, organizing bullet points and visuals, and finding
ways of explaining things has been -much- more beneficial than sitting in
a ground school lecture or plodding through a textbook.

Not a flight instructor, but I will say that I learn a lot more standing in
front of a classroom than I would have as a student...

The first time you teach something is by far the hardest.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old June 7th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Bob Gardner" wrote:

The rec.aviation newsgroups have become useless.

You quit easily.

Surprising.

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4

Old June 7th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_5_]

Blueskies wrote:

-C. Gattman
CP-ASEL-IA-AGI - CFI Candidate - Sim Geek - Student Pilot

Hey, post some of your plans...I'd like to see one

I sent you a PM with (virus-scanned) Word files attached. I tried
pasting one into a reply but the formatting looked awful.

-chris