Need Help with Towplane Insurance!

Old March 3rd 15, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need Help with Towplane Insurance!

Long story short, our current tow plane solution is with a jump operation where we take tows in between their doing skydives. The jump operator apparently did not check on insurance last year when he agreed to do this for us and he just went ahead and starting towing us. He has now checked for this year and can't find any insurance provider who will insure a plane who will both take jumpers and tow gliders. Yikes!

I called Costello and they were very sympathetic but they said that they are not aware of anyone who would either insure both activities or make it possible for you to get two policies, one for the jumps and one for the tows. Before we have to go start looking for our own tow plane (groan!) is anyone aware of an operation that does both and found insurance somewhere?

Thanks!
Bruno - B4
Old March 4th 15, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

If Costello knows of none. I'd be willing to bet there is none.
If there were, I would expect a restriction that both operations can not occur on the same flight.
BillT
Old March 4th 15, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 10:30:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Long story short, our current tow plane solution is with a jump operation where we take tows in between their doing skydives. The jump operator apparently did not check on insurance last year when he agreed to do this for us and he just went ahead and starting towing us. He has now checked for this year and can't find any insurance provider who will insure a plane who will both take jumpers and tow gliders. Yikes!

I called Costello and they were very sympathetic but they said that they are not aware of anyone who would either insure both activities or make it possible for you to get two policies, one for the jumps and one for the tows. Before we have to go start looking for our own tow plane (groan!) is anyone aware of an operation that does both and found insurance somewhere?

Thanks!
Bruno - B4

Have you tried LL Johns?
Old March 4th 15, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 8:35:07 PM UTC-7, Bob T wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bill. Yes, I tried them too. Both said that you can not get dual insurance policies, one for the skydiving operations and one for the tow ops. Frustrating. We will keep digging and thinking of possible solutions.

Bruno - B4
Old March 4th 15, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

[...]

Hey Bruno, maybe it's time to pony-up for a tow=plane!
Old March 4th 15, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for offering! When can you purchase one and have it delivered to us? Please also provide a few tow pilots. Thanks!!!

Bruno - B4
Old March 4th 15, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Long story short, our current tow plane solution is with a jump operation where we take tows in between their doing skydives. The jump operator apparently did not check on insurance last year when he agreed to do this for us and he just went ahead and starting towing us. He has now checked for this year and can't find any insurance provider who will insure a plane who will both take jumpers and tow gliders. Yikes!

I called Costello and they were very sympathetic but they said that they are not aware of anyone who would either insure both activities or make it possible for you to get two policies, one for the jumps and one for the tows. Before we have to go start looking for our own tow plane (groan!) is anyone aware of an operation that does both and found insurance somewhere?

Thanks!
Bruno - B4

At $350 per for 80 pilots and $60 per tow I'd say you guys are making enough for a new Turbo AG Cat
Glen
Old March 4th 15, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Right Glen, only we need five planes to make 80 tows per day.

SF

Old March 4th 15, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Long story short, our current tow plane solution is with a jump operation where we take tows in between their doing skydives. The jump operator apparently did not check on insurance last year when he agreed to do this for us and he just went ahead and starting towing us. He has now checked for this year and can't find any insurance provider who will insure a plane who will both take jumpers and tow gliders. Yikes!

I called Costello and they were very sympathetic but they said that they are not aware of anyone who would either insure both activities or make it possible for you to get two policies, one for the jumps and one for the tows. Before we have to go start looking for our own tow plane (groan!) is anyone aware of an operation that does both and found insurance somewhere?

Oh, you can use the Logan camp money to have a full time ATP pilot on staff to fly the Ag Cat "turbo"

Thanks!
Bruno - B4

Old March 4th 15, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Have you thought of a winch? Higher up front cost but waaaaaaay lower
operating expenses and tow costs.

--
Dan Marotta

Have towplane will travel Tim Gundersen Soaring 0 June 30th 11 07:13 PM
Pik-27 towplane Brad[_2_] Soaring 2 March 10th 09 12:01 AM
Ways of Getting The Lowest Possible Life Insurance Rates.( lowestlife insurance rates) [email protected] Piloting 0 March 23rd 08 09:21 AM
towplane mirrors Curt Cole Soaring 3 May 28th 04 02:40 PM
Towplane Mirror Thomas J Johnson Soaring 1 May 21st 04 10:36 PM