Reccomendations for used glider/trailer setup around 12K

Old December 16th 04, 08:41 PM
joe

Default Reccomendations for used glider/trailer setup around 12K

What are the most commonly available gliders in this price range on the
used market? Do any of these have automatic hookups? By the way, what
would be a ballpark length and weight of loaded trailer?

Old December 16th 04, 08:59 PM
Shawn

joe wrote:
What are the most commonly available gliders in this price range on the
used market? Do any of these have automatic hookups? By the way, what
would be a ballpark length and weight of loaded trailer?

Currency (pounds, euros, dollars [which country] yen, pesos, rands etc.)?
0.75 ton (English or metric close enough)
HTH

Shawn
Old December 17th 04, 01:47 AM
Kevin Christner

Shawn wrote:
joe wrote:
What are the most commonly available gliders in this price range on

the
used market? Do any of these have automatic hookups? By the way,

what
would be a ballpark length and weight of loaded trailer?

Currency (pounds, euros, dollars [which country] yen, pesos, rands

etc.)?
0.75 ton (English or metric close enough)
HTH

Shawn

12K is not a real big market. You can probably buy somthing like a
Std. Austria or a Libelle with a not so nice trailer and old
instruments. I'd be more apt to spend somthing like 15 to get a Std.
Cirrus or LS1f. Most of these will have Schreder type trailers
weighing around 500lbs or about 1000 fully loaded with the glider.

Old December 17th 04, 02:40 AM
Eric Greenwell

Kevin Christner wrote:

12K is not a real big market. You can probably buy somthing like a
Std. Austria or a Libelle with a not so nice trailer and old
instruments. I'd be more apt to spend somthing like 15 to get a Std.
Cirrus or LS1f. Most of these will have Schreder type trailers
weighing around 500lbs or about 1000 fully loaded with the glider.

1000 pounds? Does anyone have one of these gliders in trailer with the
whole thing weighing only 1000 pounds? These gliders weigh more than 500
pounds (with instruments, battery, oxygen, landout gear, etc), and the
Schreder trailers I'm familiar with were more like 600 pounds, and that
was without dollies, ramps, etc. Based on the gliders and trailers I've
owned, I'd say 1300 pounds is a more likely minimum, with 1400 or 1500
being more realistic. This includes the usual stuff people jam into the
front of the trailer, spare tire, etc.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA