From the Jim Campbell, Captain Zoom archives (all of 6 years ago)

Old January 30th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default From the Jim Campbell, Captain Zoom archives (all of 6 years ago)

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message

She said we should all pitch in and take zoom on using Manuel.So when I'm
ready
Manuel is the guy I'm calling.

You've been saying you're ready, getting your quacks in line, for what,
years now? LOL!

Juan

Old January 31st 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Ever had Lomo Saltado?

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
m...
LOL! You're kidding! Oh, man, sorry about that. Any other recipes you want
to try improving, or have you decided you've pushed your luck far enough?

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
Does that mean there is only one correct answer?

BTW, my wife is ****ed off at me for 'improving' her flan by following
your
aluminium foil suggestion.

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message news:43d91536$0$9235

Question asked and answered. Just because you don't like the answer

doesn't
mean it wasn't. Next!

Old January 31st 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Somehow I doubt that. I suspect you've been hanging around Captain Zoom too
long and have taken up his habit of embellishment. I knew Tony before you
found the power switch on the 'puter, as did most of those you belittle
here. Don't presume to lecture me on things which you know nothing about.

John Stricker

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
m...

"JStricker" wrote in message
You malign a good and decent man when you talk about Tony. He helped so
many people in an incredibly unselfish manner his entire life, the
concept would be totally alien to you.

Kiss my ass you pompous prick.

John "Still around, but lurking" Stricker

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message news:43d9176d$0$9246
Too bad not a single solitary soul accepted to the bar would so much as
consider taking over that case, eh? Hmm. Don't have to be a lawyer to
figure that one out.

Get Chuck to do it, he's always good for that.

Besides, I had some good, long talks with Tony. We disagreed on a lot of
things, but at least he was enough of a man to recognize that and leave it
at that, which is more than I can say about some pitiful excuses for males
of the species who crawl the gutters around here.

Old January 31st 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article , JStricker says...

jaun said:
Besides, I had some good, long talks with Tony. We disagreed on a lot of
things, but at least he was enough of a man to recognize that and leave it
at that, which is more than I can say about some pitiful excuses for males
of the species who crawl the gutters around here.

Ya got that right John,zoom and jaun couldn't carry Tonys briefcase.But jaun
finally said something I can agree with when he said about Tony... "We disagreed
on a lot of things, but at least he was enough of a man to recognize that and
leave it at that,".

Tony left it like that because he was flabbergasted at jauns illogical defense
of zoom. He said jaun was being hard headed just to be hard headed and that zoom
probably gave jaun the recognition he didn't get elsewhere.

Tony politely said what I was saying all along that jaun was a toady. Jaun seems
to forget that a lot of us knew Tony a lot longer and a lot better then he did
..He knows not of what he speaks ,but whats new about that? :-)

By the way I'm going to be on Ultra Flight radio tomorrow and just for grins I
counted his sponsors. He's got 20 and tomorrow he'll have 21 as I just signed up
as a sponsor. He has a small niche market of Ultralight and Sport aircraft
enthusiasts and has 21 ads. ANN with "all" the aviation market available can
barely scrape up 19.ANN is a big success alright LOL!!

See ya John

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Old January 31st 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

You are known by the company you keep, Juan. Do you think your
association with Jim has helped or hurt your reputation in journalism,
aviation, or aviation journalism?

Among those in the industry who count for something, it has helped. Made a
lot of friends, met a lot of new people, helped a lot of people by
publicizing the existence of some really good products made by companies and
people who deserved the publicity, and never killed anyone in the process,
which is more than people around here can claim.

Juan, I can see you making a claim for fighting the good fight.
However, you are delusional if you think your association with Jim has
helped your reputation.

Old February 2nd 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"JStricker" wrote in message
Somehow I doubt that.

So? chuckle Do I look like I give a flying intercourse what you doubt or
don't doubt?

I knew Tony before you found the power switch on the 'puter, as did most
of those you
belittle here. Don't presume to lecture me on things which you know
nothing about.

Oh, here we go, another putz who thinks he invented the Internet too. You
should take your own advice, particularly when I could care less what you
think you can lecture anyone about.

Old February 2nd 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Yes, but that's a Peruvian recipe I've never tried to cook. Looks
interesting though. I do have something that would go very well with that,
but it requires green plaintains. Can you get those where you live?

Old February 2nd 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"anon" wrote in message
You are known by the company you keep, Juan. Do you think your
association with Jim has helped or hurt your reputation in journalism,
aviation, or aviation journalism?

Among those in the industry who count for something, it has helped. Made
a lot of friends, met a lot of new people, helped a lot of people by
publicizing the existence of some really good products made by companies
and people who deserved the publicity, and never killed anyone in the
process, which is more than people around here can claim.

Juan, I can see you making a claim for fighting the good fight. However,
you are delusional if you think your association with Jim has helped your
reputation.

Stick to your day job, a psychoanalist you are not. The difference between
my conclusion and yours is that you're basing it on the product of your
imagination, I'm basing mine on my personal, verifiable experience. Who's
really delusional here?

Old February 3rd 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Juan, I can see you making a claim for fighting the good fight. However,
you are delusional if you think your association with Jim has helped your
reputation.

Stick to your day job, a psychoanalist you are not. The difference between
my conclusion and yours is that you're basing it on the product of your
imagination, I'm basing mine on my personal, verifiable experience. Who's
really delusional here?

Juan,

I don't know you or Campbell. I have specific criticisms of Campbell, I
have few criticisms of you, other than questioning your choice to
associate with Campbell and maybe your celebration of Bede.

My opinions are based on what you and Campbell have written and my one
lengthy phone conversation with Campbell.

I'm not part of any conspiracy, but I have yet to find one person that
has not reached the same conclusions I have about Campbell when
presented with the facts - not my opinions - but the facts.

I have not been influenced by anyone on RAH. I don't normally care what
other think. However, if everybody reaches the same conclusions, that is
consensus. A consensus can be wrong, but you at least have to recognize
that you are a dissenting voice in the crowd.

In an earlier post, I suggested that your reputation is at risk as a
consequence of your association with Campbell. I might have overshot
the mark, a bit.

If your reputation is established by those that have no knowledge of
Campbell's behavior and history, you are probably safe. It's a numbers
game. However, it is a game you are winning due to ignorance.

Those that have surveyed Campbell's life and career are very unlikely to
see how you could benefit from such an association and are very likely
to judge you based on your association with Campbell.

Your response to criticisms of Campbell predictably fall in a couple of
categories. You either suggest the party is lying or state that you
don't care about the facts presented.

In my case, you not only suggested that my interpretation of my
conversation with Campbell might be biased, you questioned just about
every element of my story. That's fine. It just looks a bit silly
when you could confirm the basic facts - if you wanted to.

The fact is, you don't want to. You don't want to confront Campbell and
it looks like you want to keep your distance from any interaction that
might force you to comment on the facts, not just the opinions of others.

You won't comment on the facts, because the facts do not portray
Campbell in a favorable light when presented to any number of
independent-thinking individuals.

Juan, you and I are different.

I judge people not exclusively by how they treat me, but by how they
treat others over an extended expanse of time.

You, on the other hand, appear to judge Campbell based on how he has
treated you. That's fine...it just has consequences.

Old February 3rd 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jaun is the perfect example of "Don't confuse me with the facts, my
mind is already made up." In his case, you can judge him by his
associations but a more accurate assesment would be to judge him by how
he has interacted with so many on this group. Disagree with him on ANY
point and it becomes a war of words and he will never accept any fact
that doesn't agree with his conclusions. Campbell is but one example,
Bede is another great example, and the list goes on and on an on. I
finally realized that the only way to handle Jaun was to put in a block
that prevents any of his posts from showing up in my reader. His
replies simply don't appear anymore and I sure as hell don't miss them.